Where do you park your F?

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Hello all,

Wanted to start a brief poll purely out of curiosity- where do you park your F type overnight/ during the day?
I'm not lucky enough to have a garage (although I'm trying to find one to rent in SE London) so mine will be parked out the front of my place, under a car cover when not in use - until I can find a garage and setup a man cave for it!

There a couple of Porsches in my area so I'm not too concerned about it, but obviously would prefer a garage.

Maybe I can convince the girlfriend we should move haha
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.

The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

I'm fortunate to have a good sized, damp free garage with no clutter inside and the convenience of remote controlled door openers, so it goes inside after every trip.

I don't use it for commuting so it only stays out while i'm using it....other than spending a week at the airport now and again.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
captainham

Post by captainham »

Mine lives in a barely-big-enough garage, usually only comes out at weekends as I motorbike to work in the week.

I bought it based on the knowledge it probably wouldn't fit, but I was pleased to find it does, just...pretty nerve-wracking though and takes a few minutes every time as I have to drive in backwards virtually on full lock.
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
East winger

Post by East winger »

I lucked out with a double garage which will be just for the F-Type. In the day time I have a dedicated parking space at work next to a disabled parking space which I've never seen used. Other that, I'll be thinking about my journeys very carefully.
Italian Racing Red Coupe S AWD + big smile
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

You lucky sods ;)
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
BirdingGal

Post by BirdingGal »

In alarmed Garage, wrapped up warm in jag cover, on the trickle charger, off cut carpets on garage floor, washed every time it gets its feet wet (and polished every other wash). Mostly only driven on sunny days and holidays (not clocked 2000 miles yet so still to experience dynamic mode.) Treated better than the kids!
F-Type V6S Polaris White (delivery currently expected end July15) early pick up on 11th July 2015.
Mobysan

Post by Mobysan »

I agree with SammyV6S! Mine is parked during the day/overnight on a business park immediately behind my house in a dedicated space. Not having a secure garage was certainly a major cause for concern when I first bought the car. Touch wood - no issues to date - and the people who park either side of me thankfully give the car a wide birth when they park up each day.
Mobysan - F-Type R AWD Storm Grey/Black Pack
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Mine's on the street, use it too often for even a cover! The range rover and BMW further up are less flash but probably the same price range tbh, I just try not to worry about it.
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

I finally found a garage to rent, hoping that comes through. Even just for the first year, I think I'd prefer the peace of mind while its brand spankin' new!
PaulFrancis

Post by PaulFrancis »

I'm renting a garage, was hell to find one wide enough to be able to open the doors! In,any case the car will not age too rapidly that way