Snow foam didn’t quite work out(UPDATED)

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
catsandtrees

Post by catsandtrees »

Hi, so my Nilfisk jet wash came with a small foamer bottle. I bought autoglym polar blast foam, mixed 100 ml per 500 as instructed and this was the result

D07EE33C-5737-4CB1-B88B-3ABCAA2EF4F2.jpeg

it went straight on then straight off!

I tried 200ml instead and the result was the same.

This is the bottle.

1CA3CE5E-2E3C-4FAE-B142-1B28CB58E33D.jpeg

I’m wondering if I need a better bottle/nozzle?

All I did prior to the foam was a rinse with the garden hose not the jet wash.

What do you think guys?

Thanks
Last edited by catsandtrees on Tue May 11, 2021 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY18 Storm Grey V6 340 coupe R dynamic. Ivory seats & headlining Meridian sound system sports exhaust

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I bought a Karcher washer that came with a snowfoam adaptor and got a very similar result to you.

I bought a proper one from cleanyourcar and it’s much more robust and adjustable, does a great job.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/snow-foa ... s-fittings
bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn »

I use the fluid neat in my Karcher, and dial it up or down on the adjuster to get it right , different brands have different thicknesses. Watering it down gave me the same run off as in the picture.
2021MY P300 1st edition Coupe, Eiger grey, with Climate, Privacy, and Tracker,
Previous: 2019MY XE 300 Sport {petrol) with lots of addons.
Previous: 2017MY XE 240 Portfolio (petrol) with a selection of addons.
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

They often have offers and recommendations for snow foam bottles on detailing world. Apparently you shouldn't make foam too thick so it sits there for ages, it should slide down the car taking grit etc with it. I'm not so sure it does much at all, but everything helps.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Ots1

Post by Ots1 »

It's the adapter. It's rubbish, it's really for detergents etc but change it for a proper dispenser and all will be well !
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

I go to my local carwash, put in € 1,- and spray the whole car with foam..
Let is soak for 5 minutes, put in € 0,50 , clean the car with demi water... .. done !

- dont pay € xxx on jetwashers, don't pay for foam, don't dump surfactants in the environment..

Easy as a pea.
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

You can definitely get a better bottle for foam than that, but also not all foams are like a white sheet over the car.

I usually find just jet-washing with water as effective especially as ceramic coated, rarely use foam except in the deepest winter sometimes.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Fez

Post by Fez »

Evening to get snow foam to work you have to calculate the flow of water through your pressure wash, they are all different. Then work out the flow rate with the snow foam bottle connected and adjust to get the correct dilution of snow foam to water. An bingo you have a car covered in foam.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

I have a Karcher foam attachment, which is a fairly cheap bit of kit. Using Karcher's own snow foam, I got plenty of foam but not brilliant cleaning power. I've since moved to using Bilt Hamber snow foam, very little foam but impressive cleaning power.
2017MY F Type Coupe, Caldera Red, 19 Centrifuges, Pan Roof, Leather memory heated seats, Parking pack. Also 1957 XK150 FHC.
Fez

Post by Fez »

Hi Backfire, I have same set up and use bilt hamber. I get loads of snow foam, follow the instructions bilt hamber send out then small tweets until you get of snow foam..
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post