AMMO NYC Car Detailer Videos

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share.
For a few months now I've been occasionally watching this guy talk about his detailing techniques
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYsa8SOy3TkoxI5D17s1u-w

Most of it is far beyond me, but he does seem to know a lot of what he's doing ha!
You just have to get past the american accent ;)

Some nifty tips there!

MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.

Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Thanks for the share Sammy, Ive seen this guy before and yes he is a fanatic with the cars. Funny, since theres been talk of various ways to clean our beauties Ive been looking into detailing with respect to clay bars, how to rid of swirls, polishers, sealants, waxes, etc. etc...well its endless, at one point I was considering to get a polisher. My head was spinning by the end of my research and in the end my decision has been made...spend more time having fun with the F-Type! Don't get me wrong I like to have my car clean and I do enjoy washing and waxing it but I don't like the thought of spending hours on end getting it gleaming and then take it out for a drive and then you have that thin film of dust particles and splattered bugs on it again.
Im already obsessed enough with my F-Type, don't want this cleaning lark to become another. I must admit I don't know what it is here in Italy the cars just don't get so dirty not so much so as I remember when I used to live in the UK.
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Set about doing a major clean last weekend at 7 months old. Soon after I'd collected the car I'd noticed some light swirl marks on the rear haunches and the front lower wings were always rough to the touch.

I decided to try a Farecla clay mitt. Started out on the windows to break it in (wow, now beyond squeeky clean) and then it effortlessly left all the paint feeling like glass, any roughness gone completely. Next two passes with Autoglym Super Resin Polish, one coat of Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection and a final coat of Bilt Hamber Speed Wax (I didn't find it that speedy, it's like a proper old wax and takes a bit of effort to buff out, worth it though I think).

The results seem good. Dirt from Thursday mornings wet roads seems to have been repelled and the swirl marks from the haunches have gone. I can still see a few light swirls on the rear bumper in very bright sunshine so I might have another go at this at some point as I was probably running out of steam. The plan is to repeat some or all of this in October, in preparation for the winter.

2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Good stuff!

Yeah for me, I have this (minor first world issue) where I only use the car on weekends, and during the week its parked in the garage which if left uncovered, gets the car dirty from just sitting there. So I need to cover it. But I can't cover it unless its clean.

So I've got two things to try and work out - 1- the best method to properly clean the car when its dirty and 2- the best method to do a super quick clean before the cover goes on, without causing damage to the paint!
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Or the solution is perhaps a car cover that doesn't touch the car, which surely must exist.

Something like this? http://www.canvasandnylon.co.uk/portablegarages.php
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Haha yes although I live in a flat with no garage, so my garage is off site ;)

I don't have a drive way to keep the car in or place something like that unfortunately:(