Roof Storage Compartment- Cleaning

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Kiwanja

Post by Kiwanja »

I looked through the rear window on my Convertible F Type and noticed dirt off the roof collecting in the storage compartment, has anyone tried to clean this area and if so what was the easiest way to do it? It didn't really look that convenient to get access with the vacuum. Confused

The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Interesting point. I haven't tried to do that yet, but I guess it's just a matter of time.

I would think that the best way would be to press the powered hood button until the hood is half up/down and then stop the thing by taking your finger off the switch....hop out of the car and get cleaning.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
Tel

Post by Tel »

It's relatively easy;
Firstly remove the the wind deflector (be mindful to push DOWNWARD on the ends to release the spring pressure then throw the catches).
Once the hood is back up, you can get the vacuum nozzle onto the carpeted deck area from inside.
As Jagster mentioned, open the hood and stop it at various points to gain access to other nooks and crannies.
It's a good time to clean the inside of the rear glass at this point also!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Kiwanja

Post by Kiwanja »

Thanks for the advise, i will give it a go and also good tip for removing the wind deflector.... Did try to remove but couldn't work that one out, thought i would leave alone before it breaks Ouch

All done now, was relatively easy after a quick mod to the vac hose (shortened the nozzle ), hopefully the boss doesn't notice the new improved hose!!! LOL
Kiwanja2016-05-20 15:16:25

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post