Denim Dye Transfer

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
GNG

Post by GNG »

Hi everyone

I have ordered my ftype a while ago and have been tinkering with the spec since. Am contemplating the suede cloth seats in cirus. My thoughts here are that they will be easier to stop denim dye from ruining them. I always wear denim, any thoughts on this?

Gary7734

Post by Gary7734 »

Material will absorb denim dye transfer as easily as leather, the only real solution is a colour that won't show a blue tinge to it. As of yet their is no protection against this, even jean manufacturers now are putting disclaimers on their labels about dye transfer.

ajbh

Post by ajbh »

In my experience leather cleans up easier than suede or fabric, just keep on top of it.
BirdingGal

Post by BirdingGal »

Even on my red leather seats I tend to sit on a small towel, especially in new jeans and when they have badly placed metal studs on the backside!
F-Type V6S Polaris White (delivery currently expected end July15) early pick up on 11th July 2015.
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Denim dye transfer?? That's a new one on me.

I would agree with totally with ajbh....Leather is likely to be far more easier to keep clean and look good.

Tip: Before you start using the car, seal the pores of the leather with a good leather balm, like Renapur.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renapur-Leather-Balsam-conditioner-waterproofer-sofas-shoes-bike-leathers-car-/221683422131?hash=item339d5c93b3:g:l1AAAOSwibFUYKps

Read the instructions carefully regarding application for the best results .
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.