Brake dust central

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
benji-m

Post by benji-m »

Is it just me, or are the front brakes on the F an absolute demon at producing brake dust. Mine has the upgraded brakes (not ceramic), and every time I go for a spirited drive into Wales the front calipers/wheels/half of Wales are covered in brake dust! No idea if I am using them harder than the average or not, but jeez.

Anyone else having this issue? And anyone have a good wheel wax recommendation to stop it sticking?
2015 Coupe V6S, Glacier White, Black Design Pack, 20" Gyrodyne's, Carbon Mirrors, Pan roof, Performance Seats, Switchable Exhaust + few custom additions.

Joemax

Post by Joemax »

I did about 750 miles over the weekend, Monza to Rome and back, front wheels were ok, bit of dust but not black. Dry condition all the way. What were your conditions out of curiosity?
Joemax2016-06-30 22:49:38
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Nothing overly excessive to report from my experience.

One thing I have noted however is how quickly the front discs rust, which also creates quite a lot of dirtying up of the wheels, but easy to rust brake discs are usually a sign of effective braking components due to increased friction qualities of steels with a low chromium content.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
Tel

Post by Tel »

The F-Types do produce a large amount of dust form the brakes and also rubber bits from the tyres. Juts look at the rear deck between the taillights after a run.

They seem to be a magnet for dust...that is until after about 6 months, at which point it seems to die down a bit.

I have a suspicion that the pad compounds are pretty soft, and it has something to do with the painting technique these days; Static charging the body.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
benji-m

Post by benji-m »

Yeah, this was the end result after a good run in Wales the other day, car was cleaned before and the weather was fair, not much road dirt or water. It only seems to be the fronts, but obviously they take more of a pounding than the rears.

2015 Coupe V6S, Glacier White, Black Design Pack, 20" Gyrodyne's, Carbon Mirrors, Pan roof, Performance Seats, Switchable Exhaust + few custom additions.
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

The secret is...don't use your brakes Clown
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
benji-m

Post by benji-m »

LOL don't think my insurance company would like that driving style
m_101

Post by m_101 »

Yeah Benji mine are just as much a magnet for dust. I'm going to get the wheels coated in GTechniq c5 then exo to try to make them a bit more dust resistant. The pads are soft I think. Might try replacing them with ceramic pads next time I get them changed.
16MY V8R, Ammonite Grey with full red leather interior, carbon roof, 770w stereo, few other bits.
Arne

Post by Arne »

Just to hose off :)

F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
bellingerp

Post by bellingerp »

Just to hose off :)

So what's in the bottles? Are you using some sort of 'rim wax' ?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post