RE: Demon Shine any feedback?

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Dean

Post by Dean »

Gents,

Anyone had any experience with Carplan " Demon Shine'"? I have been given a half bottle FOC from a mate who's been using it on his DBS which to me from a distance looks top draw... Anyway before I use it would appreciate any experiences or feedback. Cheers

m_101

Post by m_101 »

In my experience it looks good, but lasts for all of about 5 minutes. It's also a very wasteful product. You would be better getting a detailer to apply either a decent paste wax (finish kare 1000p or collinite or similar which lasts a couple of months) or having the car properly detailed, machine polished, and then a sealant applied. That would of course be much more expensive. For no money though it's worth giving it a go!
16MY V8R, Ammonite Grey with full red leather interior, carbon roof, 770w stereo, few other bits.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I'm using Bilt Hamber Speed Wax which came top in Autoexpress tests, on top of Autoglym SRP and EGP. The Bilt Hamber has no cut, gives a thick glaze and seems to last really well. Reminds me of old paste waxes as it's quite hard work to buff out, so not sure what the 'speedy' bit refers to. Makes light work of keeping the wheels clean too.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Tel

Post by Tel »

Gents,

Anyone had any experience with Carplan " Demon Shine'"? I have been given a half bottle FOC from a mate who's been using it on his DBS which to me from a distance looks top draw... Anyway before I use it would appreciate any experiences or feedback. Cheers

I have used similar, but that was on 500 quid cars! Any product that quotes;

Not a polish? Not a shampoo?

Just the easiest way to make your car shine in minutes with no effort.

Sounds too good to be true?

Well it really is that easy!

...is going to be crap.
Anybody with a keen eye for surface finishing knows that it takes quite a bit of effort to maintain paint. If you have to dilute a product, then that inverably means everything including your windscreen will get covered in whatever concoction it is made from.

When we bought our Jag, I invested in a polish from Zymol. Costs about £175 a pot. I detail cars, and I have used this now for over a year and I still have half a to left! Now that is a good bang for your buck IMO. It's full of the good stuff like carnubas.

There are literally hundreds of products out there, many of them smell good, and sell because they are quick and easy, but for a Jag, c'mon, it deserves something better than that Wink

Check out the web:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/63776/best-car-wax-2016-group-test
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩