Rusty rear cross brace

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Guys, Jaguar don't need to rustproof this area.
They have been very clever, designed their diffs to gently coat the area in oil, via the diff seals... simples 😂
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Fireisland wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:04 am Had my 2015 F type serviced yesterday and mentioned the rusty cross brace. Apparently there is a Jaguar tech bulletin on it and they need to order some gunk in to deal with it so rebooked for a months time... in time for winter.
Was given an XF courtesy car for the service. Just couldn’t warm to it. Seems to have lost that Jaguar luxury feeling.
You dont have a link to that bulletin, do you? :)
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
Popepaul

Post by Popepaul »

My v6 (30months old) is still under warranty and has the same problem as pictures, approached two main Jag dealers, was told they’re all the same and not covered under warranty. Scandalous considering the cost of these lovely cars.
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Mine was just replaced under warranty :)
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
Seacourt

Post by Seacourt »

Hi,

I wanted to get anyones opinion on my cross braces. I took the car into Lancaster Burnham for a service recently and reported that I thought the cross member was looking rusty and could they check it.

They did and said it wasn't structural but was surface corrosion.. Not really happy with that but they wouldn't do anything about it.

Have a look at a section of the Video they sent me that shows this and has the tech stating it is surface rust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJhb0n7uHh4

I am thinking about getting this treated (but not at Lancaster!). Any thoughts if that will prolong the life or is it too late!!

Thanks

Seacourt
F Type V6S Convertible 2013.
West London.
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

More info on this subject if anyone is interested:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=740&p=4483&hilit=p ... nter#p4483
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

The Jagster wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:58 pm More info on this subject if anyone is interested:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=740&p=4483&hilit=p ... nter#p4483
Hi Jagster .. 10/10 well done this is exactly what I would do and love to do .. but need the garage space to achieve this

when we move (to yorkshire hopefully) I will make sure I have the garage facilities and space that I need :D

currently I am thankful that at least My f Type is locked in a heated garage ..

but I have attached a picture of my old detailing skills when I used to own a 1996 collectors edition corvette which I loved so much and like a twat sold it :cry:

sorry to be off topic

Corvette Engine - Right (1).jpg

Corvette Engine - Left (1).jpg

Front.jpg

Camera back up pics (39).JPG

Camera back up pics (36).JPG

dean_mk

Post by dean_mk »

Fireisland wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:04 am Had my 2015 F type serviced yesterday and mentioned the rusty cross brace. Apparently there is a Jaguar tech bulletin on it and they need to order some gunk in to deal with it so rebooked for a months time... in time for winter.
Was given an XF courtesy car for the service. Just couldn’t warm to it. Seems to have lost that Jaguar luxury feeling.
Does anyone have details of this bulletin or which dealer has helped. I have just had my dealer tell me I should expect rust on a 3 year old car....
Fez

Post by Fez »

These days bilt hamber produce a product call Atom Mac, very easy to use mix with water and spray underneath car, use after every wash and should (will) keep you rust free. Any more info goggle product or their website. Excellent for you disc,s. It won't harm car as designed for aircraft etc.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post