Rusty rear cross brace

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Looks like a good product ... thanks for posting

Fez

Post by Fez »

Thank you kaspa, I use bilt hamber products on my cars and really rate them the Auto foam is amazing you can get a clean car without touching it. The double speed wax beads for in excess of 8 weeks. They will also provide free advice, highly recommend if you wish to keep a detailed look.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Big Bri

Post by Big Bri »

My before during and after treatment. Might hold the rust at bay for a few years

F Type Rust cycle.jpg

bigknd

Post by bigknd »

On the SVR the complete underneath is protected by covers, I wonder if this would be a retrofit for other F-types also reducing airflow drag at the same time?

IMG_0621.jpg

mikemsm999

Post by mikemsm999 »

bigknd wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:50 am On the SVR the complete underneath is protected by covers, I wonder if this would be a retrofit for other F-types also reducing airflow drag at the same time?
IMG_0621.jpg

Reduce drag and increase aerodynamics they said.... looks like Jaguar have taken to just 'hiding' the rust on the SVR then :D
F-Type V6 S Convertible, Polaris White, Extended Leather Pack, Performance Interior, Storm Alloy Wheels, Rusty Rear Cross-member!
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

:lol:
Hopefully it stops the salt etc reaching it in the first place :D
Pete Cooper

Post by Pete Cooper »

Hi
I have a 3 year old 340 Coupe. Having read the posts decided to look underneath. Mine is rusty also.

I have asked dealer to put in a warranty claim. As anyone had any look under warranty?
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

During breakfast at the JEC Summer Festival I was chatting to a member who had just viewed a V8 at Guy Salmon, Coventry.
It was the colour, spec, and mileage he really wanted. Test drive excellent. Insisted on them putting it up on ramps to see underneath and the rear cross brace was totally rotten.
This was a low mileage 2014 car.
Dealer refused to do anything about it so he walked away. Good advice to any prospective buyers, get the dealer to put the car on the ramp before parting with your hard earned cash!
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Guys, my car is a few months old. Tomorrow in to the dealer to rustproof the metal parts !
Actually I just have seen my Alfa MiTo on the bridge with the dealers : same problem, only that is 7 years old..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

So a Jag is twice as rusty as an Alfa :shock:
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post