Pesky Stone Chips

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

I didn't get mine covered, so she'll wear her battle scars well as she ages. A couple on the front and couple in front of the rear wheel arch.

I love taking care of the thing but its a car that's used to travel great distances and sometimes at great speed, so it hurts to find them, but I soon forget they are even there!

MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.

SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

I should have also stated I was quoted about £4000 + VAT for a full car PPF :S
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
m_101

Post by m_101 »

I had my whole car covered in PremiumShield Elite PPF at a total cost of 2100. It has worked brilliantly. If you have a carbon roof like me, it is apparently very worth it as one significant chip can render the roof unrepairable and they are REALLY expensive to replace.
16MY V8R, Ammonite Grey with full red leather interior, carbon roof, 770w stereo, few other bits.
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I had my whole car covered in PremiumShield Elite PPF at a total cost of 2100. It has worked brilliantly. If you have a carbon roof like me, it is apparently very worth it as one significant chip can render the roof unrepairable and they are REALLY expensive to replace.

Thats a great price.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
benji-m

Post by benji-m »

I had the whole front, bonnet, lights, mirrors and sills done on mine in PremiumShield Elite for £800. Had a good few issues with it... Peeling on the side skirts, and especially on a white car the films suffer from dirt build up just under the edge which sticks out on a white car (i assume it goes unnoticed on darker colours). Just getting the bonnet and front redone in Suntek self healing film as a replacement for the PremiumShield.

Well worth the film though if you have a dark colour car IMO.
2015 Coupe V6S, Glacier White, Black Design Pack, 20" Gyrodyne's, Carbon Mirrors, Pan roof, Performance Seats, Switchable Exhaust + few custom additions.
m_101

Post by m_101 »

d650 it was done by ultimate customs up here in Glasgow.
As an aside, a yellow daytona 650 was my first bike. Traded it in for a street triple R, then gave up riding last year just before getting the jag!
I did have to get the front bonnet done as a hand cut since the premiumshield pre-cut pattern for the bonnet didn't seem to fit the bonnet on mine first time round. The guys were doing the whole car as hand cuts anyway so wasn't much more effort.

m_1012017-03-22 10:03:20
16MY V8R, Ammonite Grey with full red leather interior, carbon roof, 770w stereo, few other bits.
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

d650 it was done by ultimate customs up here in Glasgow.
As an aside, a yellow daytona 650 was my first bike. Traded it in for a street triple R, then gave up riding last year just before getting the jag!
I did have to get the front bonnet done as a hand cut since the premiumshield pre-cut pattern for the bonnet didn't seem to fit the bonnet on mine first time round. The guys were doing the whole car as hand cuts anyway so wasn't much more effort.

Brilliant - my first bike was a Yellow Daytona 650 too - hence the username. I've had a couple since and currently have an RC8.

I do miss the Daytona - tons of character and a union jack on the front!

Did you ever frequent the now defunct d600.org forum?
gsxrm3

Post by gsxrm3 »

I have had 3M venturesheild fitted to my bikes over the past 10 years and you do get an accumulation of dirt along the edges of the film, its only slight but noticable on light colours.
V6S coupe in white, carbon bladed wheels, performance seats finished in red nappa, sports design pack, flat bottom steering wheel, powered tailgate, reverse camera, meridian upgrade.
m_101

Post by m_101 »

d650 I did - and then later was a member when it turned to tankslap.
I never had the UJ nosecone - just plan yellow - always loved the ValMoto design though.
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

d650 I did - and then later was a member when it turned to tankslap.
I never had the UJ nosecone - just plan yellow - always loved the ValMoto design though.

I thought i recognised your username... i still kick around on there too.

We have excellent taste clearly :)