Ceramic coat detail

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

Just had the car detailed and a ceramic coating. After paint was corrected it had a coat of crystal serum lite and two coats of exo

It's hard to show on a camera how glossy and shiny the paint looks now. Be good to see how it lasts? I can thourougly recommend Ash the chap who did it if anyone in west Mids area is looking for similar.

Alasdair 63

Post by Alasdair 63 »

I had the exact same done on my white coupe last year , you will find it so easy to clean.
White v6s coupe vap tune pulley upgrade 200 cell cats vap exhaust black pack.
MOz

Post by MOz »

Give it at least a month to harden before polishing or adding to it.
V6S ragtop, Salsa Red, 20" Cyclones, extended black leather performance interior with red stitching and the finest exhaust note in motoring history.
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Give it at least a month to harden before polishing or adding to it.

I had my Wife's white Tiguan done last August and was given the same advise as MOz has given above. The weather was kind at the time so I simply cleaned the wheels before washing the car some weeks later. It has paid off as the car is so so simply to wash. It also rejects dirt and even looks brighter from a good powerful hose ... white is particularly good when applied with theses coatings and offers an amazing depth of shine ... so 9 months on, car is ungaraged, and is still cleaning as easy as the first time ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
MOz

Post by MOz »

You can wash it. Use a ph neutral shampoo (two buckets with grit guard).

The advice is don't polish it or apply any type of shining agent to it for a month.

If your service was like mine, I suspect your wheels, glass and exhausts were done too so remember to lay off those also. Wheels especially. MOz2017-04-16 07:17:34
V6S ragtop, Salsa Red, 20" Cyclones, extended black leather performance interior with red stitching and the finest exhaust note in motoring history.
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

Nice
Could you send through Ash's details please?
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
Arne

Post by Arne »

I have had the Crystal serum + exo on mine for two years now, and it seems to hold very well.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Abergele 380S

Post by Abergele 380S »

I'm interested to know what happens in a few years time when it stops working - as its ceramic is it difficult to remove?
Arne

Post by Arne »

I don't think it is any problem to just re-treat it, if you want to have the good finish back.

However if you need to paint some/all of the treated surfaces, they need to be wet-sanded first.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

Ceramic coatings can be removed by machine polishing using heavy cut compounds
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post