Ceramic coat detail

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

How long can the ceramic coating be expected to last?
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels

MOz

Post by MOz »

Depends on hardness, numbers of coats and how deep your pockets are.

Most claim 3-5 years. Some 7 years.MOz2017-04-16 22:46:53
V6S ragtop, Salsa Red, 20" Cyclones, extended black leather performance interior with red stitching and the finest exhaust note in motoring history.
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Thanks, five years sounds reasonable, I assume it depends on the number of coats applied. Will look into places in Essex that carry this out.TopCat2017-04-17 08:16:36
soupdragon

Post by soupdragon »

We have gtechniq crystal serum black which is guaranteed for 7 years. It costs more and can only be applied by a certified technician.

What ever you go for, the paintwork has to be pretty much perfect before application (three days detailing in our case) as you will be sealing in any imperfections and swirls, and unlike wax or glaze it doesn't really hide anything. soupdragon2017-04-17 09:10:48
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Thanks, five years sounds reasonable, I assume it depends on the number of coats applied. Will look into places in Essex that carry this out.

I used F1Wax, Stuart shares premises with DuB customs (vehicle wrapping) in Basildon .... He did my wife's car last August, car looks just as good today ... Hope to take my Storm V6 soon, but feel free to jump the que
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Thanks Soupdragon and Senninha.

I have looked at the F1Wax website and they use Supagard, it is confusing the different types of finishes available and which is the better option - all views welcome.

I am going to try and research a bit more - Senninha if you have yours done before I make a decision I would be interested to see the result as cars are the same colour.
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

I spent some time researching and made my decision after having a chat with one of the technicians, Adam, directly with gtechniq
soupdragon

Post by soupdragon »

Not sure where you are in Essex. The guy I used (a good friend), is Lee at Extreme Detailing. He is Hatfield based but does a mobile service
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

I originally applied Gtechniq C2V3 myself, as well as various other Gtechniq products on wheels, interior, etc. Very impressed with all their products.

I then decided to go all out and get Crystal Serum Black applied professionally, along with the required pre requisite machine polishing to ensure the paintwork was perfect.

Very happy with the results. Looks amazing, cleans so easily and I keep it topped up every few months with some C2V3 on top for added hydrophobic properties. It beads and sheets so well. Almost don't have to dry the car thanks to the sheeting properties.

Got it done at Reep Scotland, in Paisley.
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
Arne

Post by Arne »

How long it will last is also depending on how often and what kind of soap you use when washing the car - and if it is parked outddoors or indoors.

Regarding soap I think the alcaline/acid content is what makes the largest impact. Usually the maker of the ceramic coat will give good advices to what kind of soap to use.

The use of a quick detailer will also help in adding months/years to how long it will last.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post