Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Deleted User 1794

Post by Deleted User 1794 »

Thanks Zyp

bigknd

Post by bigknd »

As above I use this DI Filter

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11-Litre-DI- ... xypNtSnzZi

Cheaper in the long run as it's refillable, just wash of and walk away no water stains even in if left to dry in sunlight ;)
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

I had a bit of a bummer.. ..absolutely no knowledge of the coatings , only had my D3 treated last year and that still looks good..

But the guy who did that wasn't to be reached and I had to choose between silly money [ € 1200 ] or a extremely cheap € 375...

The guy offering the cheap version runs a carwash and is a professional car painter, all the background one could hope for..
The coatings are a sideline for him, he likes to bind customers for the carwash [= frequent] and dent repair [ = big bucks ].

Sadly he didn't do a very good job and now the swirlls show in [or under] the coating. I really don't need another fight as
I have several lawsuits with the local council and tax authorities on my hands.. So I agreed to get the expense covered in
car washing... Better then nothing..

My message is : don't go for the story of the seller. Try to get in touch with previous clients. Recent ánd old...

I will wait now for two years for this coating to wear off and then have it done by the € 1200 guy...
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

I paid £250 he spent whole day detailing car

Still looks as good as day it was done
Deleted User 1794

so does ceramic help avoid scratches or just help keep it cleaner?
Arne

Post by Arne »

Most (all?) ceramic coatings of good quality is a lot harder than the top paint, so it will be more scratch resistant (specially regarding swirlmarks from washing). It will not help much against stone chips though, however the few chips I have gotten seems to be smaller than what I have experienced on other cars - so maybe it helps to reduce the size of the stone chips?
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Deleted User 1794

after looking at bigknd's suggestion i decided to treat myself in the hope it will outlast the Aqua Gleam cartridges. I decided to give a test flight last night once temperature had dropped.

so a quick damp over with hose, double bucket wash with lambs wool mitt, standard rinse and then about 4 watering cans of the DI'd water.

most of it sheeted off nicely. I also have a thing about whizzing around the block to dry off the discs and this has the benefit of getting rid of 95% of the residing water.

Having put it to bed in the garage overnight i was delighted to find not one single water spot! Living in a very hard water area that is mighty impressive. one very happy bunny.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post