It's all in the detail(s)

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
mal_by

Post by mal_by »

Decided to get a detail from Belgravia Garage in London last week and I'm really impressed with the results (I gave them a pretty tight timeline to work to) for £300! Highly recommend them if anyone's on the fence, as I know London detailers can charge silly money in some cases.

20170513_170602079_iOS 1.jpg

20170513_141344226_iOS 1.jpg

20170511_170818081_iOS.jpg

F-Type V6S Coupé | Dark Sapphire, 20" Graphite Rotors, Panoramic Roof, Extended Cirrus Leather

daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Now that is shiny! Top work.

Did they give you a list of what products they used?
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Paintwork looks very glassy - Not sure if the pictures have been 'photoshopped' though?

Look like they didm't touch the lower chin spoiler though....ooops!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
mal_by

Post by mal_by »

Tel wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 4:34 pm Paintwork looks very glassy - Not sure if the pictures have been 'photoshopped' though?

The last photo has indeed been touched up; the other ones were taken on an iPhone and just used the "autofix" button within Photos.

And yes, I was disappointed about the chin spoiler! Apparently this was one of the tradeoffs of my tight turnaround request... maybe next time! Though it does seem to scratch very easily :(
F-Type V6S Coupé | Dark Sapphire, 20" Graphite Rotors, Panoramic Roof, Extended Cirrus Leather
mal_by

Post by mal_by »

daytona650 wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 3:45 pm Now that is shiny! Top work.

Did they give you a list of what products they used?
They did tell me and you'll have to forgive me for forgetting most of them. Lots of Swissvax in there is all I recall!
Tel

Post by Tel »

mal_by wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 4:37 pm
Tel wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 4:34 pm Paintwork looks very glassy - Not sure if the pictures have been 'photoshopped' though?

The last photo has indeed been touched up; the other ones were taken on an iPhone and just used the "autofix" button within Photos.

And yes, I was disappointed about the chin spoiler! Apparently this was one of the tradeoffs of my tight turnaround request... maybe next time! Though it does seem to scratch very easily :(
I detail, so I spot anything and have eyes like a sh$tehawk!

These can be rejuvenated really easy, and here's a tip; Get hold of a foam sanding block, medium grit. Lay on your back at the front and run it along the edge of the spoiler to remove any dings. Follow this with a fine grit foam block and then nourish with some almond oil.
Or....leave it with me...I take a minimum of three days on my clients cars and charge by the hour!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
MOz

Post by MOz »

I'm guessing there was no ceramic coating at that price?
V6S ragtop, Salsa Red, 20" Cyclones, extended black leather performance interior with red stitching and the finest exhaust note in motoring history.
mal_by

Post by mal_by »

Tel wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 4:50 pm
mal_by wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 4:37 pm

I detail, so I spot anything and have eyes like a sh$tehawk!

These can be rejuvenated really easy, and here's a tip; Get hold of a foam sanding block, medium grit. Lay on your back at the front and run it along the edge of the spoiler to remove any dings. Follow this with a fine grit foam block and then nourish with some almond oil.
Or....leave it with me...I take a minimum of three days on my clients cars and charge by the hour!
Thanks for the tip! So no compounding needed on the spoiler? I'm guessing it's a solid plastic colour all the way through then?
Where are you based? I may well take you up on that in the future!
mal_by

Post by mal_by »

MOz wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 4:59 pm I'm guessing there was no ceramic coating at that price?
Indeed, no ceramics for that. I got a ceramic coating on the alloys for £45 but they didn't have the ability to do a full body coat in-house so I left it for now.
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

Very nice finish. Was paint correction involved or a light machine polish enhancement?
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post