It's all in the detail(s)

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
mal_by

Post by mal_by »

wanner69 wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 6:47 pm Very nice finish. Was paint correction involved or a light machine polish enhancement?
Thanks!

There was some paint correction with a 2-stage machine polish. As well as removing the abudence of swirl-marks the previous owner had left me, they also remove a few light scratches near the door handles, etc.
F-Type V6S Coupé | Dark Sapphire, 20" Graphite Rotors, Panoramic Roof, Extended Cirrus Leather

Big Bri

Post by Big Bri »

I need sunglasses !!!!
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

mal_by wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 7:16 pm
wanner69 wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 6:47 pm Very nice finish. Was paint correction involved or a light machine polish enhancement?
Thanks!

There was some paint correction with a 2-stage machine polish. As well as removing the abudence of swirl-marks the previous owner had left me, they also remove a few light scratches near the door handles, etc.

Excellent, that's great value also for £300 from a pro detailer
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,
Tel

Post by Tel »

mal_by wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 5:10 pm
Tel wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 4:50 pm
mal_by wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 4:37 pm

The last photo has indeed been touched up; the other ones were taken on an iPhone and just used the "autofix" button within Photos.

And yes, I was disappointed about the chin spoiler! Apparently this was one of the tradeoffs of my tight turnaround request... maybe next time! Though it does seem to scratch very easily :(
I detail, so I spot anything and have eyes like a sh$tehawk!

These can be rejuvenated really easy, and here's a tip; Get hold of a foam sanding block, medium grit. Lay on your back at the front and run it along the edge of the spoiler to remove any dings. Follow this with a fine grit foam block and then nourish with some almond oil.
Or....leave it with me...I take a minimum of three days on my clients cars and charge by the hour!
Thanks for the tip! So no compounding needed on the spoiler? I'm guessing it's a solid plastic colour all the way through then?
Where are you based? I may well take you up on that in the future!
Yes, it's the same colour all the way through.
I'm down South in Dorset, great place for a break in the sunshine...well, maybe not today!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩