Detailing V SMART Technician - Help!

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Good Evening,

Would appreciate some advice on the correct process for lifting my nearly mint car into mint condition.

Owned my 2014 340 coupe (white) for a few weeks now & with close up inspection noticed the paintwork is not as flawless as initially appeared. There are about eight stone chips in various places & one or two marks, nicks & pitted areas. The areas in front of the rear arches in particular. Nothing is major in any way but I do want my baby to be mint condition.

The route I'm considering is...

1. Stone chips dealt with using one of the mobile SMART companies & areas that may need touching up with paint.

2. Passing to detailer for full paint correction.

Does that sound right? I'm thinking a detailer would not fill in stone chips &/or the couple of areas that are marked.

TIA

Darren
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

Hi Darren, a top detailer would be able to fill and wet sand back flat before starting the paint correction process. Whoever you choose to use, do your homework and research about the pro as the market is flooded with so called detailers that have been doing it for a couple of years and class themselves as top pros. Make sure they are fully insured also incase of any mishaps.
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Thanks for response wanner69. Yes, I'm gettting more & more cynical with those offering professional services but not delivering a professional job. Will do lots of research.

Thank you!
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

No problem buddy, sign up to detailing world. You will gain more knowledge there plus recommended pro detailers within your area
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,