new window seal replacements.

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Jagman14

Post by Jagman14 »

Some of the older members reported a while ago that their driver and passenger windows were getting scratched.
Jaguar noticed and put a replacement program in place.

Are any of the owners who had this done finding the problem repeating again with the new seals?

Had mine done about a month ago and hey presto they are starting to appear again.
It is in to get looked at later in the week but surprised its still happening...

Jagman...

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

Had mine for a month now ... all ok, but I do keep the glass polished

The other day when round my parents my step dad said your glass is scratched .... I thought I bloody hope not, but the mark polished out
so just an area to keep an I on

regards
Big Bri

Post by Big Bri »

Does anyone know - is the "new" seal a different design to the original? From these comments - maybe it's exactly the same.
If the new seal is different - does anyone know when did they start installing at the factory?
Arne

Post by Arne »

Mine was replaced last year. No new marks/stripes so far, but I have not operated the windows often since the replacement so it is a bit early to say for shure that the fix is 100% good.

However the first time they were about to replace the seals with the new ones they had received, they observed that the new seals were identical to the old ones and had to order the correct new seals once more. When those arrived the dealer told me that they had gotten the correct ones this time (he said they could see the difference), and the replacement was done.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Jagman14

Post by Jagman14 »

Just had word back from the dealer and the seals were changed and are the new design as well...
Mine is the only one who has had it done that needs it to be looked at again... and pics and a report have been sent to Jag for further investigation...
They were only on for a month and the problem is back but then others are saying no problems... ??

Never know, might replace the whole car? ;)

Jagman

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post