SVR Detailed and PPF applied

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

Tel wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:28 am Looks very nice, colour really works well.

Our custom Xpel instal was nearer 4.5% of the new car price, hell of a lot, but in the scheme of things, two years down the line; I've had stones hit the car, mountain bike hit the drivers oder (only gently) and many other debris racking up the spirited miles.
The bodywork is as new, not a swirl, not a blemish. I just touch it up with a kettle of hot water and give it a bi-annual coat of Xpel sealant, with copius amounts of Megs QD in between.
I'd rather a car be covered than one that has resprayed parts...they never match 100%.

FWIW - The bonnet CAN be covered in a single sheet WITOUT stretch marks. It's all down to the competence and skill of the installer. Our car has won Concours trophies (bit of a joke with a new a new car I know), and would never if marks were visible.

Also we did have our first F-Type C-Quartz coated. Doesn't even come close to having the protection of PPF.
Yes I agree, detailer has done them on lighter colour F-types with Xpel but the darker colour either shows stretch marks or glue marks. To be fair he did spend nearly a day on the bonnet but was not happy with it (he's a perfectionist :D )

bigknd

Post by bigknd »

Senninha wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:04 pm
Aitch wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:21 pm Having the front end of mine done on Thursday with Suntek. I too hate stone chips hence why I annoy others when travelling at 15mph on freshly spread granite chippings. :twisted:
This the brand my local installer recommends as in their opinion it has a higher gloss than other products, yet still retains all the self healing capabilities ...

Full front end quote I had, to include bumper, bonnet, wings, sills and mirrors was £1650 .... To those that have had this done, how does this price compare please?
I had mine done here http://www.exclusivecarcare.co.uk/
All prices can be found on there site.
m_101

Post by m_101 »

I had mine done with premiumshield elite - it was £2100 all in and I had the whole car covered. It was well worth it. Done by Allan at ultimate customs in Glasgow.
16MY V8R, Ammonite Grey with full red leather interior, carbon roof, 770w stereo, few other bits.
OB123

Post by OB123 »

wow, wow and wow again - what a machine
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

OB123 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:15 am wow, wow and wow again - what a machine
Thanks, yes it is :lol: :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post