SVR Detailed and PPF applied

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Looks amazing...

Can I ask a ball park figure for the Xpel?
I was quoted locally Β£1,000 for SVR front end and the side sill extensions. Could respray it all twice for less than that, so walked away
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

bigknd

Post by bigknd »

cj10jeeper wrote: ↑Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:30 am Looks amazing...

Can I ask a ball park figure for the Xpel?
I was quoted locally Β£1,000 for SVR front end and the side sill extensions. Could respray it all twice for less than that, so walked away
Hi
Thanks, I've had all the impact areas done including sills and rear valence but I've also had it completely detailed inside and out. The cost of the Xpel is about right as this also has a resin applied. I agree it's not cheap but I hate stone chips on a car, even one so this for me was a no brainer and cost wise is less than 2% of the vehicles initial value so in a funny way think it's good value for money. I would hate getting the front end re sprayed and then getting stone chips again on the way home if you see what I mean ;)

_ECC9911.JPG

_ECC9912.JPG

dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Beautiful car 😎

I agree on the PPF as a percentage of the car's cost. It's a good way to look at it. I didn't go for PPF and instead went for a Gtechniq ceramic coating as I am a keen detailer and enjoy doing a lot myself. However, in hindsight I think I'll go for PPF next time as long as it does stay under about 2 to 3% of the car's value. My main reason is actually not for stone chips. It's for the self healing swirl and scratch protection it provides. I'm very careful with my wash technique and even with a ceramic coating you still get a few light swirls. They would self heal with PPF.

Good to see they took the wheels off and got the PPF tucked around properly. Always annoys me when you see a line at the edge of a panel. How many pieces did they have to use for the bonnet? I was told there's no PPF film wide enough to do our bonnets with one piece.

Enjoy that car! It really is stunning!
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

dezzy wrote: ↑Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:37 am Beautiful car 😎

I agree on the PPF as a percentage of the car's cost. It's a good way to look at it. I didn't go for PPF and instead went for a Gtechniq ceramic coating as I am a keen detailer and enjoy doing a lot myself. However, in hindsight I think I'll go for PPF next time as long as it does stay under about 2 to 3% of the car's value. My main reason is actually not for stone chips. It's for the self healing swirl and scratch protection it provides. I'm very careful with my wash technique and even with a ceramic coating you still get a few light swirls. They would self heal with PPF.

Good to see they took the wheels off and got the PPF tucked around properly. Always annoys me when you see a line at the edge of a panel. How many pieces did they have to use for the bonnet? I was told there's no PPF film wide enough to do our bonnets with one piece.

Enjoy that car! It really is stunning!
Many thanks, yes your spot on with the bonnet Xpel will not quite fit in one piece as if it's stretched to fit leaves stretch marks so I opted not to have it done for now as it would need to be 2 piece which I didn't want. It is Gtechniq and Exo though ;)
Tel

Post by Tel »

Looks very nice, colour really works well.

Our custom Xpel instal was nearer 4.5% of the new car price, hell of a lot, but in the scheme of things, two years down the line; I've had stones hit the car, mountain bike hit the drivers oder (only gently) and many other debris racking up the spirited miles.
The bodywork is as new, not a swirl, not a blemish. I just touch it up with a kettle of hot water and give it a bi-annual coat of Xpel sealant, with copius amounts of Megs QD in between.
I'd rather a car be covered than one that has resprayed parts...they never match 100%.

FWIW - The bonnet CAN be covered in a single sheet WITOUT stretch marks. It's all down to the competence and skill of the installer. Our car has won Concours trophies (bit of a joke with a new a new car I know), and would never if marks were visible.

Also we did have our first F-Type C-Quartz coated. Doesn't even come close to having the protection of PPF.
Last edited by Tel on Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more πŸ’©
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

Tel wrote: ↑Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:28 am Looks very nice, colour really works well.

If you're hanging onto the car, you'll wish that you covered more than just the front IMO. They gravel rash pretty bad at the rear end too.
Yep as above photos side's and rear also done ;)
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Having the front end of mine done on Thursday with Suntek. I too hate stone chips hence why I annoy others when travelling at 15mph on freshly spread granite chippings. :twisted:
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

Aitch wrote: ↑Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:21 pm Having the front end of mine done on Thursday with Suntek. I too hate stone chips hence why I annoy others when travelling at 15mph on freshly spread granite chippings. :twisted:
Me too but there's always some other idiot going 40mph + the other way :evil: :evil:
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Aitch wrote: ↑Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:21 pm Having the front end of mine done on Thursday with Suntek. I too hate stone chips hence why I annoy others when travelling at 15mph on freshly spread granite chippings. :twisted:
This the brand my local installer recommends as in their opinion it has a higher gloss than other products, yet still retains all the self healing capabilities ...

Full front end quote I had, to include bumper, bonnet, wings, sills and mirrors was Β£1650 .... To those that have had this done, how does this price compare please?
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

I had Xpel quotes of Β£1300 & Β£1500 both plus VAT.

The Suntek quote is a fair bit less but it's via a friend calling in a favour 8-)

I could always ask what their usual cost is and if they'd give a discount to the forum members. Worth a try?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post