Brand new F-Type, dreadful paintwork

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Penguin89

Post by Penguin89 »

Hi guys

Purchased a brand new F-Type a few weeks ago in the Midlands. Dreadful paintwork finish.

- Multiple scratches on it
- Swirls throughout
- Rainbow stripe down the paintwork
- Metalic sparkle missing on one side panel (see merged side by side picture of left/right side)
- 2 Tone pillar

I took the car back to Jaguar and within a day they called to say it was sorted. Looked at the car today and I can tell it still hasn't been sorted because there is a difference in panel colour and tone. I think someone has literally machine polished panels and you can tell because it doesn't look uniform with the rest of the paintwork.

Has anyone had any experience with a similar poor paintwork finish on a brand new car? If so, could anyone supply contact details of a more senior customer service person who may be able to push through a better rectification plan? This is not acceptable for a brand new F Type

Thanks

IMG_3208.JPG

IMG_3204.JPG

IMG_3202.JPG

dezzy

Post by dezzy »

The difference in that last side by side comparison will only be sorted with a respray. I'd be sending it back to Jaguar and rejecting the car completely if I were you.

The paintwork on mine was pretty good other than the swirls. The dealer followed my instructions not to touch the car on arrival. Still had all the foam and vinyl protection on it. However, it still had swirls. Must have happened at the final stage in the factory or in transit. I got a professional detailer to sort it but I think yours needs paint, not polish!
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

If the dealer doesn't accept 6iur rejection, contact Jaguar CRC.
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

No, even used mine was only lightly swirled, agree reject or at least insist on factory respray. Not good! :(
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

If a new car you have 30 days to fully reject without the need for a repair . .after that period you have 6 months and you have to let the dealer/manufacture to attempt one repair

I know this because I rejected my XES successfully even though Jaguar finance disagreed and pushed back .. I went through the ombudsman

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

If you've had it less than 30 days....if it was me, I would reject it...no if's or maybe's
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
Deleted User 1088

The Jagster wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:47 pm If you've had it less than 30 days....if it was me, I would reject it...no if's or maybe's
Exactly my thoughts .. just to teach them a lesson in quality control not to let the thing out of the factory in the 1st place .. for christ sake I think I will apply for a factory QA role ..

they can get the cars right as my example is 100% purrrrfect

we are modern buyers that know our rights .. well educated professionals .. not some Austin Maxi 1970's british leyland consumers who did not know any different for gods sake
Deleted User 1088

Also you may find the paint swirls could be from the dealer prep .. one bucket washes all
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Definitely reject it if I were you.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

I rejected the first 2 within 30 days (2nd one I rejected in the compound before they registered it).
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post