DIY Detailing?

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Evening All,

Appreciate views & advice from F-Type owners who 'detail' their own cars.

Now I'm not tight but have been quoted over £700.00 for my car to be detailed/paint correction. Wheels, coatings, interior, engine bay would take this figures towards £1200.00 😳 Do they see me coming?! After recent experiences, 'grillgate' for example, I getting to a place where if I can do it myself, I want to.

Thinking of asking wife for DA polisher for Christmas & I like the idea of lavishing my pride & joy with some TLC, when not out driving it.

Who does this sort of thing on an enthusiastic owner basis? Would appreciate some tips on methods, products (I like Meguiers stuff) & what sort of regime you undertake.

Am thinking wash, clay, swirl/defect removal, polish then wax?

Thanks in advance for any help πŸ‘
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Get yourself over to the Detailing World forum. Loads of advice, beginners guides, etc on there. πŸ‘
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

Hi, been a detailing enthusiast for years, now 49 lol. I've machine polished lots of cars over the years mainly for family and friends and a few other jobs here and there on a few forums i'm on. I'd definitely recommend having a go yourself though. Watch lots of videos and join up to detailing world as lots of very good information there. Safe washing and drying technique is key to stop inflicting marks into your paintwork so get those basics right first. If you need any help pm me as far too much to talk about, cheers
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,
Nick

Post by Nick »

So much more enjoyable if you can do it yourself, spend a bit of money on the right machine and lots of research on the right forums, as mentioned and you will, strange to say get an amazing amount of satisfaction. Might also save a grand or two :D
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Thank you folks πŸ‘ Carrying out extensive reasearch on Detailing World πŸ˜„
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit