Plastidip

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

The centre lower part of my front bumper, the bit painted gloss black, has a couple of large stone chips that annoy me.
Before looking into resprays, I wonder what matt black plastidip would look like, it would match the under bumper rubber trim.
Has anyone done this, or seen an F Type that has had it done?
It is also a fairly easy product to apply and reapply when further stone chips appear.
Rob
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

Senninha

Post by Senninha »

I've not seen it used on an F-type but I used it when detailing my friends A3 as he wanted to dechrome the grille for the modern Audi look.
I Masked up the area to be painted, cleaned with meths then applied multiple layers. This building up of layers was recommended to me as the thicker appplication offers longevity as well as protection. It also helps with the finished look as the product is self levelling. The final upside is that a thicker application is also easier to remove should you choose to do so at a future date.

HTH
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!