Wheel arch cleaning

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Hi all , with 20 inch wheels there's not much of a gap to get right up under the wheel arch to clean properly, what do you guys do?

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello ... I take my wheels off

clean the arch then the back of the wheels ...
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

That's seems the only way Kaspa and the answer I was dreading to receive!
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

I use a Karcher underbody spray lance. Works fine. Not practical to take the wheels off every week in winter. I do remove the wheels annually for a more thorough wash though after the salting and gritting season has finished. Out here in the sticks the tractors get bigger and bigger and cause damage to the verges, throwing mud onto the roads making cars filthy. They don’t pay road tax and run on cheap red diesel. Not fair really!
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Thanks Phil,

Looks a good weekly solution, I will try to get something like that for my make.

Totally agree about farm vehicles, I can't get out of our track without thick mud caked all over the lower parts of the car and under the wheel arches, looking forward to drier weather and less mud!
Tel

Post by Tel »

Small child or wife; generally smaller hands can access the right spots 👍
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

If only Tel!😀
m_101

Post by m_101 »

If you look at pressurewasherparts UK on ebay you can get a good solid angled lance which has a head small enough to get in the gap and also wash the underbody - just bought one for my nilfisk a little while ago, really good quality.
16MY V8R, Ammonite Grey with full red leather interior, carbon roof, 770w stereo, few other bits.
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Thanks m101 I've just emailed them!
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

In this weather, I spray the lower part of the car (wheels, wheel arches, valances and sills) with TFR in a pressure washer, pressure rinse, then snow foam the whole car (inc. under arch) rinse again and towel dry. If the wheels are very dirty I may use a well diluted non acid wheel cleaner first. I try and keep the TFR from most of the body as it leaves drying marks and strips the wax too much. Not exactly detailing, but quick and do-able without getting on hands and knees (an advantage at my age).
2017MY F Type Coupe, Caldera Red, 19 Centrifuges, Pan Roof, Leather memory heated seats, Parking pack. Also 1957 XK150 FHC.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post