Quicksilver Corrosion Guard or AC50 corrosion blocker

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Both the above appear to be popular choices for protecting the underneath of the cars, I would appreciate thoughts on advantages and disadvantages of both and if a spray is better than using a brush or cloth to apply.

Thanks
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels

The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

All depends on access to various areas of the car and the equipment available to apply the liquid.
The viscosity of the more durable ACF50 corrosion blocker makes it very difficult to apply using a conventional diy aerosol. Not sure about the Quicksilver product on that score, but I could imagine that any product of this kind that is sufficiently thin and 'watery' to enable the effective use of a rattle can isn't going to be very long lived and will need to be re-applied quite regularly.
I reckon it's a trade off.

Spraying gets you to the areas that a brush or a cloth won't reach.
A brush gives a healthy dose of application in a controlled area.
A cloth is good at applying to large areas with next to no mess.

They are all handy methods at the end of the day, so as a diy application, I recommend all of them.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Thanks for the feedback - I think as soon as the weather improves I will be cleaning underneath the car and applying.
Tel

Post by Tel »

2 coats of spray Corrosion guard does the trick. It goes on uniformly and doesn't look like it's been painted on as with a brush (important for me as I concours show mine). Any areas that are subject to high abrasion form stones/leading edges can be quickly resprayed if needed, but in the 20 years plus of using the stuff on bikes, cars and boats, I don;t think you will need to if you apply it initially in warm weather.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Thanks for the feedback Tel, it appears that only you and the Jagster has protected the underneath of your cars. Having seen the photos of the rusty crossbrace I am keen to take some action on my vehicle - both seem to be good options, one for each - this may end up being a flip of a coin.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post