Kaspa Detailing

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello ..

So had a free Friday so decided to remove all 4 wheels and clean inside and out and polish with wax coating after wards

Then cleaned the inner wheel arch trims and treated with trim protector, the rear is a pain as it is some sort of fibre board ?

Then inspected the rear sub frame ... all OK shiny black paint, then while the wheels were off started to clean the rear suspension components, also noticed the brake lines are braided s/s flexibles ..

Neighbour thought I was bonkers .... :D

IMG_1064.JPG

IMG_1063.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1060.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1058.JPG

IMG_1057.JPG

Deleted User 1088

more pics

The rear suspension was before I detailed the rear end .... also used a torque wrench set to the correct value when putting the wheels back on

The inner liners are now shiny black plastic .. probably last about a week before dirty again :lol:

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1069.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_1065.JPG

DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Great work Kaspa. If we were neighbours weekends would be spent carrying out synchronised detailing & talking about our cars & detailing products! 😄
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Kaspa if you're wanting a break in Scotland some time let me know...free B&B ....only as long as you bring your kit with you .. and DaddyDarren :lol:
A
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

There's nothing like clean wheels and tyres to make a car look good (bit like having clean shoes). Unfortunately I have never had a car that gets it's wheels dirty so quickly as my F Type (I'm not a heavy braker). On the other hand I've never known a car keep it's wheels so clean as my wife's F Pace.
2017MY F Type Coupe, Caldera Red, 19 Centrifuges, Pan Roof, Leather memory heated seats, Parking pack. Also 1957 XK150 FHC.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Know that feeling - my XE produced hardly any brake dust but the F-Type sure makes up for it big time!
But rather have good braking than clean wheels of course.
Did my wheels last weekend, but lazy outside only then coated with Gtechniq.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Firesand

Post by Firesand »

Kaspa. I have 20" Tornado wheels on my F-Type, and like you removed the wheels a few months ago to give them a good clean. The problem I found was re-fitting them (especially the rears). They are so dam heavy, and hence awkward to get back on when doing this alone. I was thinking of making some type of small lift/jacking cart and placing the wheel on this for ease of fitting? Did you face simillar when re-fitting yours?
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

You’re not wrong there - the rears sure are heavy.

Had mine up on a jack to do the brake pads and the crappy Halfrauds jack decided to buckle before I’d got an axle stand in place - getting the wheel back on quickly was quite some effort!

And yes, this was a supposed 1 tonne jack under a lighter corner of the car - go figure!
Swapped out without a problem, but also without any apparent interest in the failure.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Deleted User 1088

Abdul wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:07 pm Kaspa if you're wanting a break in Scotland some time let me know...free B&B ....only as long as you bring your kit with you .. and DaddyDarren :lol:
A
Sounds good to me .... :D
Deleted User 1088

Firesand wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:49 am Kaspa. I have 20" Tornado wheels on my F-Type, and like you removed the wheels a few months ago to give them a good clean. The problem I found was re-fitting them (especially the rears). They are so dam heavy, and hence awkward to get back on when doing this alone. I was thinking of making some type of small lift/jacking cart and placing the wheel on this for ease of fitting? Did you face simillar when re-fitting yours?
Hello

Yes the rears were heavy ... but next day felt like I had a work out down the Gym, lots of aches and pains

Then I was in the dog house with Mrs Kaspa .. because she found out that I used one of her favourite leather place mats that I used as a protective cover on top of my trolley jack :roll: honestly don,t know what all the fuss is about ... :lol:

Anyway went to battle bridge today with the local JEC owners club ... and within 6 miles the inner archer were the same before I cleaned them :roll:

will post some more pics once I have finished my BBQ

thanks for the nice comments chaps ... greatly appreciated
Last edited by Deleted User 1088 on Sun May 13, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post