Great 7 months, bed time!

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Fez

Post by Fez »

I have had a great 7 months in the 400, it has now been washed, polished and put to bed before the gritters come out. Check out the 400 matching cover!!!! Fez

20181007_160647.jpg

20181007_160648.jpg

Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare

basher

Post by basher »

Great cover.

Personally, I'm gonna keep on driving my 400 for the next 5 months. Gritters, or no gritters. πŸ˜‰
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

very nice

:D
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

basher wrote: ↑Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:00 pm Great cover.

Personally, I'm gonna keep on driving my 400 for the next 5 months. Gritters, or no gritters. πŸ˜‰
+1
I took my 400 for a spin through some very muddy forests today. It is ditched in mud! Have to wait for some rain now as I cannot wash it.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Myer

Post by Myer »

Each to his or her own, somehow I think the car was made to be driven throughout the year.
OK I get that you might think twice before taking her for a drive in icy or slushy conditions, or maybe you take pleasure in looking at a depreciating asset shrouded in a yellow and black drape for 5 months!
chicb

Post by chicb »

Hope you have a CTEK charger feeding it for the next few months. Don't bother starting it unless you plan to drive it as that's the worst thing to do as it causes condensation in the exhaust system & under the bonnet. I fill the tank with fuel & pour in a bottle of fuel stabilizer which prevents fuel degradation during storage. I also add an extra 10psi to the tyres to prevent flat spots. Trust you made sure the brakes were dry before putting it away as you don't want any corrosion on the discs. I bought Atom-Mac from Bilt hammer which can be sprayed on any surface including brake discs to prevent rust. Have not used it yet but it gets good reviews.
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
probbins2000

Post by probbins2000 »

What a lovely cover, where did you get that?
V6 Coupe British Racing Green
Fez

Post by Fez »

Thank you for the kind words. I don't worry about depreciation if I did I would not own a car! However , consider Jaguar is for life not for just for xmas. Last one lasted 17 years....

Yes I do use Atom Mac, yes it will not be started unless taken for dry winter run. Yes it has battery conditioner plug in.

Cover custom made from classic additions.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Crickettxx

Post by Crickettxx »

I guess that is the benefit of living in the Bay of Plenty (NZ North Island)... year round driving. My poor dad on the other hand... he's back in Calgary, Alberta and he's just had to put his Mercedes 560 SL away for the next 7 months (it started snowing back home already, and you won't be driving a car like that in the winter I tell you...).
MY2015 Dark Sapphire V6 S Convertible
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Mine also gets put to bed for the winter as we seek warmer climates for a few months.
Soft cover and then in a Carcoon which keeps her damp and dust free.
I also place silica gel containers in the car and boot to eliminate any moisture.
My only conundrum is the issue of full tank or empty tank and fill up with brand new fuel when waking her.
My classics always had a full tank and stabiliser but they were not sealed systems and moisture in the fuel system could be a problem.
But modern sealed systems are not supposed to suffer in the same way, hence I choose empty with fresh fuel in the spring.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post