Ceramic coating advice?

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

I'll keep that in mind if I ever use it, but for now the Autoglym Rapid Aquawax is doing a superb job.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

davidd wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:11 pm I'm also on the rapidwax which is very good. I have been trying their three stage system.
https://www.autoglym.com/polarpressurewasher
Not convinced yet though.
I prefer the hand wash method on my car.......perhaps I'm 'old school' but the car is gleaming once I've finished with it.

Good exercise too!
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
FionasDad

Post by FionasDad »

I must admit whilst the ceramic coating is good, I do miss just washing the car myself. You can still do so but shorten the life of the coating.

Either way we all like to keep them as they should be
Arne

Post by Arne »

If you wash the car with the recomended shampo from the coating manufacturer and also use their quick detailer (spray on wipe off), the ceramic coating may last many years.

Mine was coated almost 5 years ago, and the coating is still there - as good as it was the first year.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
FionasDad

Post by FionasDad »

Agreed, but it needs foam application as hand washing in any form is abrasive
lionfish

Post by lionfish »

I would really recommend it.If the car paint work is good you can do it yourself as i did i.e. no machine polishing needed. I used the ceramic coating supplied by Pyramid Car Care (Ry Combes). Ry was excellent and showed me the process which is relatively easy and it is all in the prep. The coating is £70 ( its only 50ml) and will easily do a Jag with some to spare. I then went over this with the ceramic polish (£70) a pot but that will do around 6 cars - only need to do this once a year or so. Then when i wash the car I go over it every now and then using their quick detailer pro spray ( £12.99 for 500ml spray). Just spray it on and wipe it off, you can do the whole car in 10 m ins. The result is fantastic. the water just runs off and the shine is excellent. I have now done all my cars and it makes cleaning dead easy and they look great

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post