Snow foam/lance

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
y700suf

Post by y700suf »

I have a Karcher K2 compact pressure washer which can be used with the detergent input feature to get a foamy spray in addition to plain water.

A few questions for those who have tried the same/similar setups:

1. Is it worth getting a snow lance to get proper snow foam vs just soapy water?
2. If "yes" to #1, which is the best snow lance? Is it easiest just to go with the Karcher snow lance or do other makes easily fit the K2 high pressure lance?
3. Again, if "yes" to #1, what is the best foam solution to use for snow foam?
4. Finally, where best to source snow lance/foam from, presumably online?

Many thanks!
2015 Jaguar F-Type V6S
2007 Audi RS4

1979 Ferrari 308 GTB
2009 AM Vantage V8
2008 Audi R8 V8
2007 Audi TT
1985 BMW 325

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I don't have a Karcher but I use pro kleen snow foam from Amazon (as I'm prime).

I just went to find a link for it and came across this bundle deal which might be of interest to you.

Unsure if that is a competitive price and other online retailers exist!

400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
mokster

Post by mokster »

I have a Karcher K2 and am using Autobrite Direct Magnifoam (snow foam). I also got the Autobrite snow lance, which bought as a package from Amazon. Clean & Shine (https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/) is a good source of car cleaning products. They just didn't have a lance with Karcher connector in stock at the time I wanted to buy.

I only started using snow foam in the past 12 months or so, and it makes me "feel" I subject less damage to the paint work. I usually use the Karcher on the car once over, then put the snow foam on and leave for 5 mins or so before rinsing the foam and mitt wash the car with PH neural shampoo. There are usually a bit of muck comes off with the foam, so I guess it's an indication that the foam is doing it's work.
SOLDES

Post by SOLDES »

I have the same setup. A karcher with the 'special' nozzle to attach bottles to. I have tried it a few times now but always feel that too much dirt is still staying on the car. So I went back the old 2 bucket way. High pressure water to rinse of most dirt. Use wash mitt on the lower most dirty areas with Hydro2 reset shampoo. Only one sweep then in the rinse bucket.
Rinse whole car again and then I wash the whole car with a clean mitt.
Rinse down
Once and a while Hydro2 lite or Reload
Rinse again
dry
Then my wife asks me why it takes 2.5 hours to wash the F-type and hers only half an hour :D
No seriously I prefer throwing some more money to good products then foam which isn't 100% satisfactory. (or I'm just doing it wrong)

Nick
P300 First edition
Eiger grey / Mars red
chicb

Post by chicb »

Karcher snow foam gun is a waste of time. Get a proper snow foam gun from someone like "In2Detailling". Their prices & service are really good.
Regarding snow foam get ph neutral. There are loads out there with different prices. Probably in the grand scheme of things, they are very similar.
Personally, I use Ultimate snow foam from Ultimate finish only because if you but 3 x 5 litres they give you another 5 litres free :lol:
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Skid1768

Post by Skid1768 »

Afternoon Gebts, reading with interest as I have just purchased an F Type Cabriolet, just wondering whether I should use a snow foam lance and subsequent lance to wash it off. Any issues with water ingress etc. I used to snow foam my car twice, then use a two bucket method, then snow foam again, washing it off with a hose. Then use a gloss polish with the lance and towel it dry.
I use a Karcher with a snow foam from some reputable company and have no problems. Still get swirls though so a couple of times a year she will be getting detailed.
And advice would be helpful.
Cheers
Stuart
Jaguar F Type 3.0 V6S
Parfect

Post by Parfect »

I use snow foam lance (standard from cleanyourcar) with karcher followed by 2 bucket wash.

92641AE2-71D5-4CE6-A022-73D6BCE56210.jpeg

Fife Based 20MY V6 P380
Silver
Fez

Post by Fez »

I have karcher and use bilt hamber auto wash snow foam, read the reviews, it was knocked by auto express until their expert was shown by bilt hamber how to use it.... It is very easy in karcher and leaves car spotless... got top review once used correctly.....
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
sebby1990

Post by sebby1990 »

I have a Karcher K4, if you're going for foam then be aware of the difference between the FJ10C and the FJ6 snow foam lances. The 6 comes with an empty, bespoke bottle, but the 10 comes with a bottle of crap wash (that you pay for) but can accommodate any bottle with a neck - i.e. even a drinks bottle works.

I use the Auto Glym Polar Wash series, it needs a couple of washes to build up the anti-streak coating but it does look quite nice.

Jaguar F-Type V8S, Mercedes-Benz ML63, Subaru Impreza WRX, Mini Cooper

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post