Water repellent for windows

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Bluebird

Post by Bluebird »

Just thought I'd report on a really good addition to my (rather too big) detailing collection :

H2Go Rain Repellent from Angel Wax. As long as you prep the windscreen well (clay and clean first), this stuff beads at under 30mph. Very small drops - really great.

Tried many of the popular options in the past but think this is the best thus far - any by far the cheapest decent one. For me, beats the Gtechniq range - my prior favourite.

(screen capture from my latest toy - a Dashcam .. report to follow once installed professionally!)

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Hi Bluebird,

Many thanks for the tip re the AngelWax. I used to use RainX but this stuff is less expensive and looks to do a great job so I'll be putting in an order for some. Interested to hear what Dash Cam you got as have been looking at them myself. Trouble is there are so many about with wildly varied prices! I'm after one that's 1080p quality but with a very small discrete footprint so will look forward to your report.

Regards.

Scoobydoo
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
Bluebird

Post by Bluebird »

It's not very tiny like the Mobius but it is good, cheap and, when mounted in front of the mirror on the passenger side, can't be seen from the driver's seat. There are smaller ones out there but this has a screen so you can replay if really needed without taking the card out and finding a computer.

https://joovuu.com/gb/home/196-g90-car-camera.html

I am arranging for a local auto electrician to hard wire it in. I'll take some photos once done.

Selborne

Post by Selborne »

Take your F Type out in the rain, OMG Shocked
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Hi Bluebird,

Thanks for the link - looks like a very decent bit of kit.

Regards.

Scoobydoo
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
Tel

Post by Tel »

Take your F Type out in the rain, OMG Shocked

Hear, hear!

I've got Gtechnic and Rainx to top up. Mine hasn't seen the damp end of a hose yet, and long may it stay that way...Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Jagalot

Post by Jagalot »

Take your F Type out in the rain, OMG Shocked

You'd love mine then. 3 weeks old and it's already covered 700 miles in all weathers including 200 this weekend in the Yorkshire Dales with rain and farmer's muck all over it. The front is also now covered in suicidal insects.

Driving in the wet is quite fun if you can get the rear to slide out a bit.

Guess I give it a wash pretty soon.

treborcccp

Post by treborcccp »

Hi
Just ordered the angle wax H2GO looks good,anyone used any of the wax products from AW.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird »

I used to use some of their wax on my XK's paint protection film. It did not have any petroleum distillates and meant it was safe from yellowing.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post