Body Wrap - Sills only

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Dazarooni wrote:The body coloured sills or black sills has always been a divisive area since the body coloured sills were introduced.

Everyone has their own opinion and I remember posting a topic on everyone's thoughts as I was looking for an F-Type R AWD at the time. Having seen pics of the F-Type R with and without the body coloured sills, I thought that the body coloured sills made the car look much more aggressive. I thought they suited the V8 F-Types really well because they're all about the aggression.

I purchased the R AWD and feel like I've made the right decision because it gives the car a really aggressive look and made it look really low. I want it to look like it means business and it certainly does! I don't think the body coloured sills really suit the V6 cars because the V6 is not about aggression at all.

So, I think the body coloured sills or black sills depends on the model!

Image Looks 100 times more aggressive than...

Image Way more aggressive than...

I disagree, the only major exterior cosmetic difference between a V8 and a V6 is the exhausts and rear diffuser so I’m not sure how that evolves to the V8 being all about aggression and the V6 not about aggression at all if we are talking about colour of sills

With the AWD you get a slightly more pronounced side skirt (both available whichever engine and on the 400 model)

I think it’s down to personal taste, if still undecided, get a black car with exterior pack and then black or body coloured is the same thing !

Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

dbv6s wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:57 pm
Dazarooni wrote:The body coloured sills or black sills has always been a divisive area since the body coloured sills were introduced.

Everyone has their own opinion and I remember posting a topic on everyone's thoughts as I was looking for an F-Type R AWD at the time. Having seen pics of the F-Type R with and without the body coloured sills, I thought that the body coloured sills made the car look much more aggressive. I thought they suited the V8 F-Types really well because they're all about the aggression.

I purchased the R AWD and feel like I've made the right decision because it gives the car a really aggressive look and made it look really low. I want it to look like it means business and it certainly does! I don't think the body coloured sills really suit the V6 cars because the V6 is not about aggression at all.

So, I think the body coloured sills or black sills depends on the model!

Image Looks 100 times more aggressive than...

Image Way more aggressive than...

I disagree, the only major exterior cosmetic difference between a V8 and a V6 is the exhausts and rear diffuser so I’m not sure how that evolves to the V8 being all about aggression and the V6 not about aggression at all if we are talking about colour of sills

With the AWD you get a slightly more pronounced side skirt (both available whichever engine and on the 400 model)

I think it’s down to personal taste, if still undecided, get a black car with exterior pack and then black or body coloured is the same thing !

Eh? The V8 has 550bhp+ and the deafening exhaust certainly indicates that the V8 is all about the aggression - I don't think you picked up on the fact that I was referring to the complete aggressive package which the V8 has with the body coloured sills giving the car an aggressive look to put the icing on the cake.
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

I’m not disputing the V8, I’m picking up on your comment “the V6 is not about aggression at all”
Everyone has their own opinion, I just disagree that a car with 340-400bhp is “not aggressive at all” and that would sway having body coloured vs black sills
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

I didn't say it wasn't aggressive at all?! You've misquoted me but you're right about this being 100% on opinions so we can leave it there. :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post