Cleaning full body wrap

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

Does anyone have experience of cleaning a wrapped car? Have a full hexis wrap - installer said ok the use jet wash but from a distance and no need for wax. My question am i ok to continue using autoglym polar blast and polar wash? Hexis of course would not commit and said soapy water works well

Any comments gratefully received
MY18 F Type 400 Sport Coupe RWD Satin Chrome Orange

dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

hopefully something like this helps;
https://www.meguiars.co.uk/thats-wrap-c ... er-part-1/
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

dbv6s wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:46 pm hopefully something like this helps;
https://www.meguiars.co.uk/thats-wrap-c ... er-part-1/
Thanks. I had a look at that as well and will follow most of the advice on that. Just wondered if anyone out there had any practical tips based on their own experiences - good or bad
BlackTypeR

Post by BlackTypeR »

I used to have a car wrapped in 3m Satin Grey
Back then, I also used the Chemical Guys product for wraps/matte paints, worked well for me

i think for gloss wraps, you can use normal products and if i remember correctly, STG on youtube had his red wrapped ftype waxed by F1 wax.

Also, if you find any light scratches, leave the car in the sun, heat can sort some smaller issues.
Black F Type R AWD 2015
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3764
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

The guy that put clear film on mine told me to be careful with jet wash near any exposed edges. Otherwise wash and finish just like paint, I.e. wax if you want. He gave me a spray bottle of lubricating finisher, I've tried this and wax at different tines, both are fine.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Tel

Post by Tel »

Is your film a self healer?

Minimum chemicals/potions.

I use nothing more than a damp mf cloth to clean ans Isoprop alcohol (used in fixing film) for any stubborn tar etc.

Twice a year I use the Xpel film sealant which is made specifically for their films.

I top that up with Megs QD for car contests/shows.

5 years and it has a concours trophy, (bit of a joke on a new car I know), but goes to show that with care, it can stay looking lovely.

Using a pressure washer is asking for the edges to start to lift/peel... You might as well remove the film now!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

Thanks for all the replies. I asked hexis direct and they said anything suitable for a matter finish is fine. I am using the two bucket hand wash method and meguirs gold class shampoo and finishing with chemical guys meticulous matte detailer as does not add shine.

So far so good... looks pretty amazing
Tel

Post by Tel »

ayrejc wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:03 pm Thanks for all the replies. I asked hexis direct and they said anything suitable for a matter finish is fine. I am using the two bucket hand wash method and meguirs gold class shampoo and finishing with chemical guys meticulous matte detailer as does not add shine.

So far so good... looks pretty amazing er as
They are all pretty mild chemicals.

If it was gloss, not matte, then you have to watch a little closer as chemicals can 'yellow' the PPF over time which on a white car is not good.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩