Paintwork peeling,help please?

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

Jaguandy wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:23 pm I'd expect a car of that kind of age to be peppered with stone chips in that area. So probably a poor overspray.
This was my thinking.

If you look at the paint texture on nose in comparison to the bonnet,there is definitely a difference.

Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

I had a Jaguar approved bodyshop (at a main dealership) fix a similar issue in almost the same area for a grand total of £96 last year.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Dazarooni wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:00 pm I had a Jaguar approved bodyshop (at a main dealership) fix a similar issue in almost the same area for a grand total of £96 last year.
Did they give any rhyme or reason as to why this happened?

I have seen a couple of other cars over the years with this bonding issue.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Tel wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:15 pm
Dazarooni wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:00 pm I had a Jaguar approved bodyshop (at a main dealership) fix a similar issue in almost the same area for a grand total of £96 last year.
Did they give any rhyme or reason as to why this happened?

I have seen a couple of other cars over the years with this bonding issue.
They didn't but the bumper had been resprayed before. I picked the car up from an independent dealer and it only had 4300k miles on the clock. The next day I could see rotary buffer trails all over the front bumper and sanding scratches - these are telltale signs of a respray. Then a year and a half later the lacquer started randomly peeling, almost in the middle of the front bumper beneath the bonnet gap.
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

I would just have it painted,a quality bodyshop will charge £300-£400 to get it right and you will never have any issues again

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post