Scratch repair cost

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Loki

Post by Loki »

A few weeks ago I managed to scratch the rear nearside of my F Type whilst reversing into the garage (don't hate me!)

I've sent the pictures to a local repair company and they've come back with a quote of £290 (incl. VAT). I've absolutely no idea of the cost of this kind of thing really, and due to the current circumstances, I'm finding it difficult to get another quote.

Could anyone with some knowledge of paint repair be able to tell me if this is a decent enough quote please? I've separately ordered the plastic trim so they are quoting only for the paint repair. Pics of damage attached... :(

IMG-1833.jpg

IMG-1831.jpg

gasgas

Post by gasgas »

I had similar on my Porsche it was £180 plus VAT
chicb

Post by chicb »

Go to your local Chipsaway, preferably one with a unit rather than mobile. Will be a lot cheaper. Last time I used them it was about £80. Perfect job. They may also be able to save your plastic trim. Smart repairs nowadays are unbelievable
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

We have a man for that...

He is the smart repairer for Lamborghini in Cheshire. I would estimate around £120..

He is superb at blending smart repairs. Unfortunately too far away from you
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

A smart repair is all that is needed, it should be half your quote.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

You don't say exactly what they have quoted for.

If the price is for full respray of the rear bumper with removal and refit, it's a fair price. If a local spray or smart type repair, then it's expensive
I'm not against smart repairs per se, but accept that it is a localised repair only and never contains the same depth of paint and top coat as full respray. The end results can be amazing, or terrible depending on the operator, so look for feedback and reputation

Personally I always simply get bumpers resprayed. Done both ends of my F Type (upgrades not damage) and front of our Evoque with wife turning into a wall damage and all are 100% perfect for c£200 on F type and £250 the Evoque
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
ianp

Post by ianp »

Not sure if this guy covers Kent or if he is prepared to travel but it may be useful once things return to normal. Prestige Paint Repairs Ltd, London Colney, AL2 1ET. 07875 262023. They did a similar repair on my XE, £50 no vat.
F-TYPE P300 2019MY R-Dynamic, Santorini, 20" Diamonds, Climate, Park & Meridian Surround.
Pre: XE P250 2017MY R-Dynamic, Caesium.
Audio: Meridian 808v5, 861v4, DSP7.2k L/R, DSP5k C, DSP33 R & DSW 1500 Sub.
Loki

Post by Loki »

Sorry for the late reply, what with one thing and another I've not been on here for a week or so. Thanks for your replies! The quote I've got doesn't actually specify how it would be fixed so I'd have to get back to them on that. I've also contacted ChipsAway and been quoted £198 (inc. VAT) which is a bit better with the following info:

To repair paintwork damage: prepare, prime, paint, blend, lacquer & polish. Lifetime
guarantee applies, power required to complete.

I assume it's a localised repair in this case, which still seems a little steep going by the numbers above. Might have to do a bit more digging to try and find someone reputable locally!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post