Bee poo !

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
michaelc

Post by michaelc »

Hi all, anyone else seen a recent increase in bee poo on their car?
There are small yellow dots EVERYWHERE on my white F Type which are proving reasonably difficult to remove.
I believe someone near me may have some bee hives and after reading up on the 'net, there was some advice to use garlic for 5 days to change their flight paths and ultimately to keep them away. I've now had 4 small tubs of garlic spread out around the driveway for a couple of weeks, without much success. (see photos from today after a full wash yesterday). I wondered if any of you guys had come across the same problem, with any solutions? (It's not really practical to use a car cover as the car is used each day).
Thanks in advance, Michael.

IMG_5399.JPG

IMG_5398.JPG

IMG_5397.JPG

IMG_5396.JPG

scm

Post by scm »

Have you thought of using tar remover? I've got a product called Greased Lightning Showroom Shine which is a waterless cleaner that I've found has been pretty good at removing marks and has carnuba wax to top up the finish afterwards. I've never noticed any bee poo on mine, though, didn't even realise it was a thing!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
michaelc

Post by michaelc »

Thanks SCM,
I've got some Carpro TarX, but would need to use it everyday to keep the dreaded yellow spots away! I was hoping someone might have a clever, humane way of keeping the bees away altogether? Just counted them, and there are over a hundred on the car since cleaned yesterday, and another 100 or so on my wife's car!
scm

Post by scm »

Blimey, that's a swarm! What's attracting them to your cars, I wonder, they must think there's nectar on there ... maybe the garlic should be on the cars if that puts them off. Some tips at https://www.tipsbulletin.com/natural-bee-repellent/
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
michaelc

Post by michaelc »

Thanks, I'll try some of these other remedies as it's very frustrating. Cheers
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I found that some car waxes are attractive to flying insects which seem to be food for them maybe?

I changed to a different wax (Bill hamber) and no longer have the problem. Just a thought.
Tel

Post by Tel »

You can't odds it in the summer - It's the bane of my life during car shows.

The only thing I use that gets it off easily is a damp micro-fibre cloth.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
michaelc

Post by michaelc »

GusA wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:27 pm I found that some car waxes are attractive to flying insects which seem to be food for them maybe?

I changed to a different wax (Bill hamber) and no longer have the problem. Just a thought.
Thanks Gus, I hadn't thought of that!
Co-incidentally, I waxed the cars with Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax.
Might need to change to something else next time?
michaelc

Post by michaelc »

Tel wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:13 pm You can't odds it in the summer - It's the bane of my life during car shows.

The only thing I use that gets it off easily is a damp micro-fibre cloth.
Thanks Tel.
At least I can take some comfort that it is happening to someone else!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

michaelc wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:59 pm
GusA wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:27 pm I found that some car waxes are attractive to flying insects which seem to be food for them maybe?

Thanks Gus, I hadn't thought of that!
Co-incidentally, I waxed the cars with Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax.
Might need to change to something else next time?
I’m not much help I’m afraid - it’s the double speed wax I changed to that cured the problem for me! Maybe your bees have different tastes 😂