Which Microfibre?

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Tel

Post by Tel »

I'm getting fed up with my Monster Purple MF's being too heavy and fluffy/grabby.
Wondered if anyone has a better choice of good quality seamless MF for buffing and general use.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Hi Tel,

I use these:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harbour-Housewares-Microfibre-Cloths-Yellow/dp/B00EQAPC6C/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1423591336&sr=1-2&keywords=Harbour+Housewares

Work a treat and no dust!

Regards.

Scoobydoo
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
Tel

Post by Tel »

Cheers Scoobs - Any issues with the seams and the paintwork?

I note the latest generation are seamless and in some cases ultrasonically cut/sealed around the edges so that they cannot scratch the paint if they are made of a different material than that in the MF.
2016MY V8R IRR
Billet OBD lock
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Hi Tel,

They are large enough to make sure that the seams are scrunched up and never make contact with the paintwork directly. I refold them as I use them ensuring the seams aren't an issue - oh and I cut the labels off too! Very cost effective, especially if you buy 20 at a time and thereby qualify for free delivery. They are usually despatched next day and turn up within two days or so. They wash out well in the machine and, crucially, they don't seem to have any dust issues. I use them to dry off my F-Type and use different coloured ones for polishing off wax/sealant.

Regards.

Scoobydoo

Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

I've used the Eurow double density cloths for years, they're great for buffing, I use the yellow Costco cloths for general duties.
Selborne

Post by Selborne »

Hi Tel, the best cloths by far are the Cleanyourcar.co.uk own brand;

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/microfibre-cloths/microfibre-buffing-towels/ultimate-ultra-plush-buffing-cloth-pkg/3-16-x-16-/prod_163.html

Not to expensive, but softer and more absorbent than any others I have tried, and trust me I have tried a few !

If you order from Cleanyourcar.co.uk, also get some Gtechniq 5 wheel armour, the best stuff I have ever used for wheels, nothing sticks !

Speak soon,
Jamie

Selborne2015-02-15 08:35:25
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Hi Tel,

I've just had an email from cleanyourcar who are offering 10% discount until Monday. Just enter valentine10 at checkout!

Regards.

Scoobydoo
Tel

Post by Tel »

Think I need to try a handful of each!

Problem I have with the Purple monsters is that they feel too 'grabby' making it hard work. I also have bits left on the paintwork - This may be caused by me making the mistake of putting them in with a clothes wash (Without conditioner) and they are covered in lint?
2016MY V8R IRR
Billet OBD lock
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩