Windscreen scuttle

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Mister_D

Post by Mister_D »

Hi, my F-Type spent the first 3 years of its life parked under trees, so now that I have it I'd like to clean all of that mess away that has accumulated in little pockets of the bodywork here and there. I have removed with ease some small black plastic parts near the bonnet catches so can clean them and around that area but there's a lot of grime under the plastic windscreen scuttle. This part looks like you have to remove the windscreen wipers to remove, any thoughts or anyone done this before? Nothing on youtube from what I can see, maybe I'll be the first!!? At the corner edge there is even a small spider living in there!!

Many thanks!
MY17 F-Type V6 RWD in Glacier White

PDE

Post by PDE »

Can't see anything in the manual about the removal, but looking at parts list I don't see many fixings. Looking at my one it looks to be bonded or glued.

Hope it helps in some way.

Windscreen-finisher.JPG

Windscreen-finisher-parts.JPG

F-Type P300 R-DYNAMIC, Fuji White, 5060 20" Alloys.
Gone, but not forgotten -
Audi S3 8v Saloon
Nissan 350Z
Nissan 350Z
Honda S2000
etc..
RomanticTuna

Post by RomanticTuna »

Have you considered using a sterilising fluid first, then a water jet? Not too powerful!

Some of the baby sterilising solutions like Milton's are good. Leave it to stand for a while and then spray off?

I used a similar process on an old convertible that had been stood under trees for a long time. Used on the hood and those awkward gaps in trim and body work.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post