Car detailed after 4 years of neglect

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
HaydenS

Post by HaydenS »

Bought my beautiful 66 plate F type S and, although clean, it had never been protected properly. The natural swirl marks from lots of car wash cleans were real. I left it with a detailer for 5 days and they performed a paint correction and applied 5 year ceramic coat. The paintwork is like new again... It's unreal how good of a job they did.

Pics attached.

Nice rear.jpg

Shiny front.jpg

Nice siderear 2.jpg

Fresh.jpg

2016 F Type S (AWD) ~Design Pack / Black Pack~

GARETH

Post by GARETH »

Interesting. I have been making some enquiries about having mine corrected and coated. Whilst I’ve cherished it for 6 years, it has got a lot of swirls and a few dull patches. I got quoted £550 which at first seemed a bit steep. Is it in the ball park?
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.
KHatman

Post by KHatman »

£550 is very reasonable especially if it includes a full ceramic coat. I paid £650 for a new car detail on an F-Pace and there would be a lot more work involved in preparation/correction of an older car. Go for it you won’t be disappointed and cleaning your car moving onwards should be a lot easier.
2019 F-Pace 2.0D Manual, Corris Grey and very little else
2016 F-Type V6 Base, Corris Grey and very little else
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Looks a really great result and now I’m envious

Somewhat similar 4 years ownership and latterly with less paint care than I would have wanted, despite recent lockdowns..
Tough job (I was commuting weekly to Madrid), buying and selling homes and abut to move again... Certainly not complaining as I count myself lucky.

Perhaps time to shell out ££’s not spent on travel and dining out and get the F to top condition
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Tel

Post by Tel »

To think, the cost of all these paint corrections and details, over the period of ownership you might have have considered PPF if your car is a keeper?

Every time a car's paint is washed, it is scratched, without exception. Every time a detailer gets a DA/buffer on the clear coat, it's getting thinner, thus losing it's integrity (what little it has).
You could, if you were a sadist, clean PPF with wire wool and it won't harm it, year in, year out. OK, so the initial outlay is quite a bit for full PPF, but on a 40-80K car, a tiny percentage of the cost.

Black cars are lovely the minute they have been prepped/waxed.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
StevenS

Post by StevenS »

Looks awesome - well worth the money especially as it makes it so easy to clean. Got mine done recently with a titanium / ceramic wax ( 1 year duration ) for £250. Washed it today for the first time since and it was great - you can feel how smooth the paintwork is. Interestingly the snow foam slid off quite quickly !!

Yours look great - enjoy !!
2015 3.0V6 S 380bhp Coupe. Corrus grey metallic with smoked grey alloys.
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Wow, that looks seriously impressive. I've had mine over a year now and was considering going for detailing - even more so now, having seen your pictures.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
HaydenS

Post by HaydenS »

GARETH wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:17 am Interesting. I have been making some enquiries about having mine corrected and coated. Whilst I’ve cherished it for 6 years, it has got a lot of swirls and a few dull patches. I got quoted £550 which at first seemed a bit steep. Is it in the ball park?
I paid £700 for the correction + a 5 year ceramic coating. It took the guy 5 days on/off to get it done.

The paintwork couldn't have had more swirls in it when I bought the car last month. Ironically, it was so well-looked after and washed regularly by the previous owner that the paintwork was noticeably a different colour due to the swirls.

It's now absolutely perfect with not a mark on it. The detail really brought out the original factory colour. I will only wash it 1-2 times a month now firstly with snow foam and then ultra-plush wash mitts to preserve it's pristine condition as long as possible.
2016 F Type S (AWD) ~Design Pack / Black Pack~

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post