Detailed and ceramic coated. 😎

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

GARETH wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:03 pm No, that’s white aluminium oxide powder. I wouldn’t be worrying about that. Like said in the other thread, brush it off and seal it if bothers you, but it will come back eventually. Have a look at your front suspension uprights if you think that’s bad!

I have done several European trips, including southern Spain in august 2018 when we saw 45 degrees on the outside air temp, we drove up the Sierra Neveda mountains that day, and not a hint of overheating.

Cheers.

The oxidation process should hopefully protect the areas from further corrosion.

It’s not in a highly visible area anyway as it’s behind the engine block etc so I won’t be removing it. If I did, the oxidation process would start again at some point.

I carried out some cosmetic repairs on the front suspension uprights last year even though there were only a few spots on them. Something that I did notice though was large flakes of paint that had come away from the off-side rear driveshaft which I then rubbed down and treated (well worth checking).

Good to hear that the shrouded bonnet vents on your car haven’t caused any overheating issues. You’ve certainly put them to the test in that 45 degree heat!
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

Jarramag

Post by Jarramag »

Gareth, your car looks stunning. The red and black definitely works well together. I used to have a red mx5 with a black soft top and loved cleaning it. Red seems to sparkle, particularly in the sun.
V6 S Coupe British Design Edition
Ultra Blue
Pan Sunroof
AWD
MY2017

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post