What would you do?

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Andydub

Post by Andydub »

This one is a keeper! New and owned for a week. What would you do to protect it for the future? Exterior coatings, roof protection and leather interior treatments, worth the cost? Garaged, covered and only used for weekend fun and trips away but want to keep it looking its best.

D4ADE1D5-1FDA-42C6-A0F8-12BD5D945811.jpeg

19351E45-D513-4DC1-A50D-D2245C09F628.jpeg

69AAE275-2BF4-4B26-A751-654BD1714283.jpeg

MY21 5.0 P450 Supercharged V8 AWD R-Dynamic Convertible – Eiger Grey – Gloss black body pack – Mars red interior

santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Just wash it regularly. If it's a weekend toy you really don't need to do more.
And you'll probably not use it in inclement weather anyway
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

Philskill

Post by Philskill »

I'd be putting gTechniq products on, crystal serum coat and their Fabric protectant on the roof, but that's because I enjoy doing it myself and not have to pay a detailers time, if doing again i'd also consider a protective wrap on the front.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

If you don’t mind washing your car yourself I’d just use a decent wax on the paintwork and wheels. I put Gtechniq Smart Fabric on the roof when I bought mine just over a year ago and water still beads strongly off the roof so impressed with that. The external black pack (splitter and side skirts) are very easily scratched so I would consider PPF for the front bumper and side skirts.

Also, get underneath and get some sort of corrosion protection on the steel parts, I use Bilt Hamber Dynax UB.

Enjoy the car, looks great!
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

just keep clean and regular polish, it will last and be nice for as long as you need it to.
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

I am lucky to have a garage and only use mine as a weekend car trips away etc, all I do is wash and dry it before I put it back, I am going to do the roof but not sure on what to use will probably go with what the lads recommend on here. I am also going to get the underneath done with a rust proofing product. Nice looking car enjoy it.
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.
Tel

Post by Tel »

If I was to do it all again I'd take the same route...

Get it up on a lift and Quicksilver Corrosion Guard the hell out of the underneath and all exposed ally bits.
PPF the whole car.

That's all you need, plus a damp microfiber to keep looking like new. Occasional leather feed/clean plus gtechniq the hood and carpets.

Ours is Series I from May 2015 and is showroom fresh both underneath and bodily.
It'll still hold its own in a concours challenge.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

For a weekend only pleasure car. Full new car prep & ceramic coating from professional detailer will get it looking better than left factory. Check out White Details on YT for an idea of what can be achieved. They will also advise with ongoing maintenance.

Dry & warm garage is key 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit