Scratches on black roof 2020 First Edition

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
KingGazza

Post by KingGazza »

I have some thin scratches which need detailing on the black roof of my 2020 Regd First Edition Coupe in Elgar Grey.
I've Googled to try and establish what material the black roof is made of. It appears to be a glass like material.
It has a vet shiny finish which adds to the annoyance of seeing the scratches rather than an all over smooth surface.
If anyone has experience if this can you advise please:
A. What material is the roof - which should determine whether to use a scratch remover kit or a polish that erases scratches.
B. And if you successfully removed the scratches - how and what did you use
Thank you in anticipation
Gazza

Cluck

Post by Cluck »

I presume you're referring to the section between the panoramic glass and the rear window? (the area circled in red in the attached image)

f-typeroof.jpg

EDIT: I don't know the answer myself, sorry, just making sure everybody knows exactly what bit you're referring to - I don't have the panoramic roof, so that section is body-coloured on mine
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
KingGazza

Post by KingGazza »

Good point that your Cluck
Except the circle needs to be widened to cover the whole black roof between the rear glass window and the front glass window
It's not the panoramic roof -- that one can see through - it is solid black and shiny - except for the scratches
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

My apologies, I didn't realise they had a 'black contrast roof' on the first edition models.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
KingGazza

Post by KingGazza »

Jaguar Land Rover have kindly replied to my email to inform me that the solid black roof on the First Edition is aluminium
scm

Post by scm »

KingGazza wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:20 pm Jaguar Land Rover have kindly replied to my email to inform me that the solid black roof on the First Edition is aluminium
Makes sense - the rest of the bodywork is aluminium, why would a metal roof be different?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Yes mine is Alu and body coloured, and so the contrast roof will be painted, so normal paint correction techniques can be applied.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post