Car seat protector left a mark

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
NEXTLEVELUK

Post by NEXTLEVELUK »

Hi all wanted to some help please. I put on a seat protector to protect the seats but it seems to have left a mark from
the anti slip bottom. I have tried dodo juice cleaner but it won’t work on it. Can anyone who might have had this issue or anyone who knows what I could try please reply.

Pics attached

816EFB0A-EC29-47AF-B662-37E2A6D1A408.jpeg

1F919A8C-C5F8-4415-A99E-839EEF66864E.jpeg

CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

If a simple leather cleaner does not remove it, then I think your cover somehow etched itself into the leather.
Friction between the 2 surfaces and the slight movement when you sit in the seat are enough to have created a wear pattern into the surface of the leather.
If so, no amount of cleaning will fix it.
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Not much of a handy person myself so no magical idea on a fix, but know there are some very good leather restorers that can be contacted that do some brilliant things fixing old leather seats and make them look new. Saw one old Jag owners old torn discoloured seats come up a treat after having someone visit and do them at his place, didn't take too long either. Maybe try finding some leather auto refurbishment place?
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
CPBLondon

Post by CPBLondon »

Have a look at the thread from 5th June ‘looking after your pride and joy’ - where the OP had damage to the seats. I also had wear and tear damage and found a great product that repairs the leather seats for about £10 (with plenty left over for future use). You just paint it on and it repairs the leather and blends in well (see pics)
If you cannot clean it off you may want to try the product I recommend in the thread as they are designed for Jaguar leather seats so you should get a good match. If anything it will hide the damage quite well.
F Type S 380
Polaris White
Red interior/pan roof
Black pack
drive the dream !
NEXTLEVELUK

Post by NEXTLEVELUK »

CPBLondon wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:33 pm Have a look at the thread from 5th June ‘looking after your pride and joy’ - where the OP had damage to the seats. I also had wear and tear damage and found a great product that repairs the leather seats for about £10 (with plenty left over for future use). You just paint it on and it repairs the leather and blends in well (see pics)
If you cannot clean it off you may want to try the product I recommend in the thread as they are designed for Jaguar leather seats so you should get a good match. If anything it will hide the damage quite well.

Awesome do you have a link to the product and any idea how I can find out the exact colour of my seats ?

Thank you so much
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

IMG_20210608_111400.jpg

Hi this is the stuff I used on my damaged seat, there is a colour chart on the Web site.Easy to apply, use a sponge then a hair dryer and build up the layers.
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.
CPBLondon

Post by CPBLondon »

Yes that is the stuff above and there is a grey in the colour chart - it may be that light application will make those areas appear cleaner at first but it should blend well
F Type S 380
Polaris White
Red interior/pan roof
Black pack
drive the dream !
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

Remember the Hippocratic oath "First do no harm"
You might just be better off living with it the way it is.
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
CPBLondon

Post by CPBLondon »

Any update on how you got on?
F Type S 380
Polaris White
Red interior/pan roof
Black pack
drive the dream !
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

Quiet man wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:16 am IMG_20210608_111400.jpgHi this is the stuff I used on my damaged seat, there is a colour chart on the Web site.Easy to apply, use a sponge then a hair dryer and build up the layers.

Quiet man - you posted a photo of the back of the bottle of the product you used earlier in the thread.

I want to use exactly the same stuff as you but there are a lot of products on the Furniture Clinic website and but none that look like this.

Maybe they have refreshed their range.

Do you have a picture of the front of the bottle ?

Failing that, a link or just the specific product name for me to search for ?

Cheers

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post