Ceramic/Graphene. Really?

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Superchd

Post by Superchd »

I’m looking for a DIY product to protect my car. The French racing blue, I’ve noticed, does not show the dirt like my old ultimate black f-type but bird mess is almost impossible to remove even with a proprietary product. So I need protection!!

What is the best (easy to use) DIY protection in your experience? There are ceramic coatings that now claim to contain graphene. Has anyone tried these?
Just changed my 2013 V6 S convertible to a 2021 P450 V8 Reims edition in French racing blue

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

If I was going to do ceramic I'd use Gtechniq Chrystal Serum Light. However, even this needs proper application and curing.

The trick with any layer of protection is the surface preparation. i.e. even smooth polished glass will always repel better than scratched glass irrespective of what is put over it. Makes a difference in terms of longevity too.

For me, I've found Bilt Hamber Speed Wax, applied spring and autumn, lasts and shrugs off pretty much everything once the surface has been initially clayed and compounded.

Autoglym Extra Gloss protection is very easy to use and lasts a fair amount of time, if you want something that isn't a lot of work.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
SOLDES

Post by SOLDES »

I had good results with Angelwax Enigma wax topped off with Enigma QED. both easy on /off
Like Mick said prep is essential. Proper degreasing and a good claying gets you far.
Nick
P300 First edition
Eiger grey / Mars red
Superchd

Post by Superchd »

Thanks Mick. As far as I can see, Gtechniq Crystal Serum can only be applied by an accredited detailer, or is the ‘light’ the DIY version?
Just changed my 2013 V6 S convertible to a 2021 P450 V8 Reims edition in French racing blue
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Yes the 'light' version is more of a DIY product. Whereas the standard Crystal Serum needs to be wet sanded to remove it, if you get it wrong!😯

Ceramic coatings need to cure and harden, so applied somewhere dry and dust free.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Brendub

Post by Brendub »

Have a look at EZ Car Care ceramic wax and ceramic wax extreme. Easy to apply and lasts a couple of months. Car needs to be thoroughly cleaned and decontaminated. One of the best I have tried so far. There are plenty of YouTube videos on it and they do run a lot of sales so you can get it cheap. A 50 ml pot goes a long way. I have a pot of ceramic extreme which I have not tried yet hopefully this week. If you are going Gtech then get it applied professionally.
2017 380 bhp V6S Corris Grey Coupe. Black 19inch propeller wheels and pano roof :D :D :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post