Detailers in W Yorks, and to ceramic or PPF?

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Scenes

Post by Scenes »

Hey guys,

Now 3 months since I picked up my beautiful 64 plate R, which I fall more in love with every day. These brighter, drier days are certainly helping. I simply cannot wait for summer!

The car itself is in pretty good nick, although the paint is riddled with light swirl marks, and there are a couple of minor defections.

I'd like to get the car detailed and restore the paint. However, my research so far is leaving me rather uncertain. There are now so many 'detailers' popping up across the county, and I'm yet to find one with concrete reviews.

I've currently got two in mind, but would really appreciate any feedback any of you have on detail experiences across the Yorks region, I would happily travel for a great service and a decent price.

https://www.instagram.com/jmmdetailing_/ was mentioned by another user on here, if you scroll through a little you see their beautiful example in IRR!

https://nichedetailsheffield.co.uk/ have been mentioned to me by a friend who knows someone who used them. They seem like a fantastic outfit, although their prices are around double JMM! Decisions on if it's worth it?

Finally, I'm also hearing so many mixed thoughts on to ceramic, not ceramic, to PPF or not PPF. Again, any advice here is welcome. Below is the car as it is today :)

IMG_0680.jpeg

Tel

Post by Tel »

Ceramic - Sacraficial hydrophobic barrier that allows crap to be easily washed off and water to bead. Limited lifetime depending on surface contact with cloths.

PPF - Isolates paint from swirls, stone chips etc pretty much 100%. Ideal if you pkan on keeping your car knowing that the appearance may not be 100% optically perfect, but knowing that the paint underneath is.

You get what you pay for... Ceramic is relatively cheap, PPF, especially the healing type is not.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩