LIDL Car Care (started 24-03-2022)

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Picked up some things from my local LIDL Supermarket yesterday including a great little 12V pump (powered by the car battery) for pumping out engine oil etc, priced at £14.99. I’ll be keeping it as a spare as I bought exactly the same pump from LIDL last year and have used it with great effect when doing engine oil changes on all the cars in my household. It's much easier than jacking the car up and dropping the oil from below via the sump plug!

Also bought some spray paint including Anti-Corrosive Aluminium-Zinc (silver), and High-Temperature (black), priced at two for £5.

Quite a few other car accessories there too and got a decent bunch of flowers for Mother’s Day (today) priced at £4.99! :)

1.jpg

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

Good to know thanks.
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.
fogle

Post by fogle »

best way to change oil remove sump plug hot engine remove filter and drain all oil .
scm

Post by scm »

fogle wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:17 pm best way to change oil remove sump plug hot engine remove filter and drain all oil .
After you've removed millions of screws to free the underbody panels .... :shock:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

fogle wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:17 pm best way to change oil remove sump plug hot engine remove filter and drain all oil .

I used to think the same and did it that way for many years. This was until I started using the oil pump that I bought from LIDL, as explained in my topic from last year.....‘Engine oil change – extraction method via filler cap’ viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5234

I’ve since used the oil pump to extract engine oil from the other cars in my household without any issues. It extracted the full 7.25 litres from the F-Type via the built-in metal tube which is located beneath the oil filler cap.

This method of extracting the engine oil is far less time consuming than jacking the car up, removing the engine undertray and draining from the sump plug. Also, the F-Type oil filter is on top of the engine (underneath the plastic cover) and it’s easy to get at.

Note: When doing an oil & filter change on the F-Type, it’s important to adhere to the following information regarding the oil filter:

Position a cloth etc around the oil filter housing to collect any oil spillage and to prevent oil from coming into contact with the accessory drive belts.

Loosen the oil filter by 4 complete turns only, to allow engine oil to drain from the filter cover. Make sure that the O-ring seal is exposed.

Allow 10 minutes for the engine oil to drain from the oil filter housing before fully unscrewing and removing the oil filter.

A new O-ring seal should be refitted along with the new filter.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
AJ13

Post by AJ13 »

Yep - i bought one. Cheers OP.
Might even be handy for doing the Diff oil filling.
IRR V8S. (Maybe going soon).
Macan turbo ..wifes.
Sunny Scotland based.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

AJ13 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:31 am Yep - i bought one. Cheers OP.

It’s a brilliant little oil pump.....can’t go wrong for just under £15.

The F-Type has a metal oil extraction tube located beneath the engine oil filler cap, shown in the 3rd photo here....
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5234

I bought some 6mm internal diameter clear flexible tubing from my local DIY store for pennies, which (when warmed in hot water or worked by hand) will fit over the metal oil extraction tube and over the end of the 1.2 metre suction hose supplied with the oil pump. The discharge hose supplied with the pump is 2 metres in length and has the larger diameter.

If you also wanted to try and use the pump for the diff oil, you’d probably have to extend the positive and negative leads that come with it, unless you have a spare battery etc that you could place on the ground near to the differential then connect to it? Alternatively, you could buy a suitable length and diameter of clear flexible tubing?.....Perhaps this is a bit too much fuss though and it may not be practical?

I bought a ‘Sealey TP6804 Multi-Purpose Mini Pump 1 Litre’ for the diff oil....
https://www.sealey.co.uk/product/563720 ... -mini-pump

https://www.ffx.co.uk/product/Get/Seale ... -Pump-1Ltr
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
AJ13

Post by AJ13 »

RPSN wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:49 am
AJ13 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:31 am Yep - i bought one. Cheers OP.

It’s a brilliant little oil pump.....can’t go wrong for just under £15.

The F-Type has a metal oil extraction tube located beneath the engine oil filler cap, shown in the 3rd photo here....
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5234

I bought some 6mm internal diameter clear flexible tubing from my local DIY store for pennies, which (when warmed in hot water or worked by hand) will fit over the metal oil extraction tube and over the end of the 1.2 metre suction hose supplied with the oil pump. The discharge hose supplied with the pump is 2 metres in length and has the larger diameter.

If you also wanted to try and use the pump for the diff oil, you’d probably have to extend the positive and negative leads that come with it, unless you have a spare battery etc that you could place on the ground near to the differential then connect to it? Alternatively, you could buy a suitable length and diameter of clear flexible tubing?.....Perhaps this is a bit too much fuss though and it may not be practical?

I bought a ‘Sealey TP6804 Multi-Purpose Mini Pump 1 Litre’ for the diff oil....
https://www.sealey.co.uk/product/563720 ... -mini-pump

https://www.ffx.co.uk/product/Get/Seale ... -Pump-1Ltr
Just got a draper one same as sealey for 15 quid off amazon - that should do the diff.
IRR V8S. (Maybe going soon).
Macan turbo ..wifes.
Sunny Scotland based.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post