Pano roof treatment?

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

It's time to give the car a coat of Poorboys Black Hole glaze and some hard wax sealant on top of that. Should be an easier job than with my previous ultimate black XF since there's much less surface to cover. :)

In connection to that I thought about whether to treat the pano roof in some way. Do you guys any add any treatment to the pano roof? It certainly doesn't need it but perhaps some hydrophobic stuff like Rain-X could be useful...
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

scm

Post by scm »

I just use Autoglim Fast Glass. I guess Rain-X would be sutiable, too.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

My wife’s car has a panoramic roof and I use Angelwax H2GO on it and it works better and longer than rain-x which I used to use. Can be used on all glass surfaces including windscreen but I don’t use it on my convertible as if you get caught in a light shower roof down the rain runs straight up the screen and sprays off the top and into the car! Yes, I learned the hard way 🙄
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

If you want some serious longevity from it, try applying the GTechniq G1 stuff to it. That's still beading strong on the side glass and rear window on my F-Type after 2 years, and the way it's going it will probably last another year or two at least. I'm only just having to redo the windscreen.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

I'd thumbs up gTechniq G1 too for panoramic and rear/side windows!

I dont like anything on the Windscreen.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I tried rainex on half of my rear screen as a test. Nine times out of ten one winter, the untreated half was easier to see through.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Jaguandy wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:08 pm I tried rainex on half of my rear screen as a test. Nine times out of ten one winter, the untreated half was easier to see through.
Oh! Anybody else any thoughts on this? I was just about to treat my rear screen with Rainex.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Quick vid I did after treating mine with G1, It's not been out in the rain to know how good it is :D

Rear window near end of Vid

MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post