Windscreen cleaning

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

I found a product which actually removes all screen contamination with very little effort.

This is Soft99 Glaco Glass Compound Roll On 10308. Available on Amazon for £10.99.

Finally, a screen without waxy smears in the rain! (of which we seem to have much of recently).

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I'm not sure I'd use that as a regular screen cleaner. It appears to be a polishing compound for use prior to the application of coatings. Perhaps for a one off.

Couple of web product comments from different sites:

Soft99 Glaco Glass Compound is a glass polish with built in applicator which uses two types of abrasive to easily remove stains, traffic film and even old sealants. Polishing glass is crucial prior to applying a coating to ensure it has the best bond to the glass, improving performance and durability.

By combining the abrasive power of small, hard particles and big soft particles, the Glaco Glass Compound Roll On will help you every time you're cleaning your windows before applying a glass coating.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Tel

Post by Tel »

Rain-X spray or if the glass is contaminated, then Isoprop alcohol - Couple of quid for a Gallon!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Kev30v6

Post by Kev30v6 »

I can highly recommend all autobritedirect car detailing products https://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/produ ... glass-kit/
Tel

Post by Tel »

Kev30v6 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:57 pm I can highly recommend all autobritedirect car detailing products https://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/produ ... glass-kit/
That's hellishly expensive for nice smelling products and you only get little bottles!?
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

I had some AD Prewash, it split its bottle and emptied itself into the toolbox, it stripped coatings from bolts and spanners that had lay in it, so was really really caustic, havent touched thier stuff again!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Andrew24

Post by Andrew24 »

This is what I recommend, does the job perfectly inside and out

https://www.autoglym.com/car-glass-polish
| MY14 | V6S Coupe | RWD | White | Panoramic roof |

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post