Tyre replacement.

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Jagman14

Post by Jagman14 »

A rear tyre was punctured last night and the car is back at the dealership awaiting a replacement.

My question is should I replace all four tyers or only the one that is punctured?

Was once told it Is better to replace all four but the guy from the AA said i could get away with just the one.

The car is is 18 months old now and tire wear on the other tyers was not too bad.

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards

Jagman.

Arne

Post by Arne »

For some awd systems it is (very) advicable to replace all four tires.

For a rwd F-type I would only consider changing the other tire on the same axle - depending on wear. No reason to change the tires on the other axle, if they are ok and don't need to be replaced yet.

For an awd F-type I am not shure what is reccomended, but I would think a slight difference in diameter between the tires on front and rear axles will not cause any problem. However I would check that out with Jaguar.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Jagman14

Post by Jagman14 »

Thanks for the advice Arne.

Had the two rear tyers replaced and all was well until....
A warning came on my display telling me I had Low tyre pressures on all four wheels.

A call to jaguar assist assistance (who are excellent) and a road side engineer came to look at it.
Turns out that if two tyres have low pressure (which was the case) it will warn you that all four need to be checked. This is despite all four tyres having independent sensors on each tyre.

What is more interesting is when the dealer had the rear two tyres replaced it never checked the tyre pressures on the front tyres. Is it too much for them to quickly check the fronts at the same time or am I expecting too much from a premium car dealer ship......? Perhaps I am.......:(

Jagman.

Joemax

Post by Joemax »

You're not expecting too much Jagman, its pathetic that the dealer didn't check the fronts knowing you had sensors. What does it take to check 2 tyre pressures, 1 minute? Lack of pride and knowledge on behalf of the mechanic, he's costing the company money and wasted your time, he should get the red card!!!!!
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013
Jagman14

Post by Jagman14 »

The thing that really does surprise me about this is that I have the work ticket here and it says "check and report on all four tyres"
Clearly they checked the rears but not the fronts which I am going to bring to there attention tomorrow.

Further to that I initially called them about the problem before I got in touch with jaguar road side assistance.

The dealer said sorry there is nothing we can do to help you until November the 30th. That is the best we can do. I even asked if it was safe to drive with the warning flashing up. Sorry nothing more we can do till then....

(You can tell I am ranting sorry)
Finally, they call me up asking what I thought of the job that had been done and expected a glowing report!!
I could go on and on about them but as you say the lack of pride and knowledge the engineers at this dealership have displayed over the last 16 months has been shocking. So much so I am going to take my business elsewhere.

(Rant over).

Jagman.
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Hey Jagman!! Take a deep breath, grab the remote key and go for a spin...anti ranting therapy.
Jagman14

Post by Jagman14 »

Good advice but can't... Got another flat tyre... ;)

Jagman :)
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

What the!! Sorry to hear about that mate...errrr...ok, sit in the car and start her up, give her a couple of revs, not quite the same therapy but may help, lol.
Jagman14

Post by Jagman14 »

Just kidding... ;)
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

lol! Good one mate!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post