Best Outdoor Car Cover

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

I too managed to negotiate a jaguar official cover with my car, they ended up giving me two! It was used to cover my car whilst I was out the country for 6 months with my other half uncovering it once every few weeks to drive it.

She was always very careful and she had it valeted each time before it was covered again. Doesn't appear to have done any harm to my car. My valeter said he was reasonably impressed with the cover.

Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Reviving this thread as I need to purchase an outdoor cover for my Coupe.
Whether OEM or aftermarket, the results appear similar providing adequate care is taken, ie don't wrap her up dirty!
Any in particular to avoid please?
regards, Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
RAYMOB

Post by RAYMOB »

I just bought one off eBay only £47.99
Said it fitted F Type but was a bit sceptical but when I sorted out which way round it went it fitted really good.
It's been cold since I got it (2 Days ago) but not freezing so can't say how good it really is But at that price it was worth a punt All others seemed to be £295plus
I'll stick a pic up tomorrow if I get time and a link
Tel

Post by Tel »

We have the OEM Jaguar cover. Fits the convertible nicely and holds its elasticity well around the lower seam. This is where many cheaper covers seem to fail.

Having used it regularly in the garage for well over a year, never had any issues with scratching, however I do detail the car before it goes under cover so no chance of dirt/grit getting trapped.

If I was going to use it outside, I would put an old cotton blanket over the bonnet and boot to protect the paintwork (if it isn't PPF'd), and then put the cover over that. The material is pretty breathable and waterproof.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Nick

Post by Nick »

Anyone got any new comments on this I need a good quality outdoor cover myself
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

My Merc SL spent Quite a bit of time under a Halfords, breathable outdoor cover and survived very well. £70 iirc.

To avoid any scratches and because of the large size, I used to take it off by starting at the front.
Unhook the elasticated front from under the bumper and bring it up and over on itself to the mid point of the pan roof so it was folded outside to outside.
Do the same with the back and fold it back on itself until it met the front edge, on the pan roof.
Go to the folded edges of front and back and fold those to the roof, mid point so they are inside to inside.
Now's the only time any of the cover slides over the car.
Fold the front over onto the folded back, again, inside to inside while sliding the whole lot forward to a central balanced point.
You now have the whole cover in a ~1M width but hanging down at each side.
Starting on one side, raise and single fold to the mid point of the roof.
Go to the other side of the car and raise and fold that to meet at the mid point.
You can then, whilst carefully drawing the whole thing towards you double that side on to the top of the first side.
You now have a neatly folded cover with outside to outside and inside to inside.

When you want to re-cover the car, just place the folded cover on the glass roof and unfold in the reverse sequence.

Well it worked for me and my O.C.D. :) for 5 years without any scratches.
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

I have been using the jaguar cover with no problems. I will have finished with it in 6 weeks as the building work will have finished.

Probably sell it on then as I'm not the type to cover my car and garage it.
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

First dibs when it comes up for sale please :)
Mine will be hibernating over winter, as will I.
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

I bought an OEM cover advertised on the forum. 'Twas brand new and fits very well. I use very similar process to apply and remove as Aitch describes above. It's the same as I've used on the Honda for years without any damage incurred.

As the Jaguar has to live outside its a no brainier of a decision IMHO ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

No brainer for me too with the damn honeydew raining down on everything.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post