Greased Lightning?

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Hey guys,

Has anyone ever actually tried / used this Greased Lightning stuff?
My neighbour swears by it, but I'm skeptical.

Surely, if the car is dirty and you don't hose off the grime before you polish or clean, it will scratch, be he reckons this doesn't.

Like I say, I'm not so sure...

http://topmotors.com/news/post/greased-lightning-showroom-shine-review
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.

steveh

Post by steveh »

I have never heard of greased lightning but I use something which is probely simular called no wet. I do try to wash the car before I use it but I have used it on a dirty black car and it doesn't scratch. I don't know how it works but it does.
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
captainham

Post by captainham »

Magic and witchcraft! I don't understand how it doesn't scratch the car if you don't clean it first.
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Me neither!
Really sceptical
Last thing I want to do is cause a ton of scratches!
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
steveh

Post by steveh »

I do understand your concerns but it has never scratched any of my cars.
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Thats pretty amazing

Do you find it does as good of a job as using water, wax and polish?
steveh

Post by steveh »

Yes it does, however I have just seen a video on youtube using another make of polish and the detailer says that the polish contains fillers to make it look that you are not scrating the paint but in fact you are. Having said that he is happily using it on a Lamborghini so form your own conclusions, I will continue to use it.
Steve.
Carl

Post by Carl »

If you are running dirt around then the physics tell me you'll be scratching your paint, but what Steve says mkes sense. I just don't like the sound of searching and filling as you go....but I'm old fashioned! Can't argue with the finish though....looks great.
V6S Coupe, Polaris White, 19" Orbits, pano roof, red performance seats, black pack and black design pack.
DDSK

Post by DDSK »

I Have been using this for a few years now.

I found it to be the best for my numerous Black Cars as it leaves no residue or streaks and leave the car looking fantastic and the paint feels so smooth to the touch. Works great on all the trim and even glass but I never use it on my windscreens.
You also find that when you next wash the car that the water still beads off the paint.

I also use it just as a polish after normal washing as I love the shine and finish it gives

How it works I don't Know but it has never made any scratches or swirls on my cars and it is fantastic for Black or Dark colours but is great on any colour.

I was dubious at first but gave it a try and yes it is a product that seems to do exactly what it says on the Bottle.

Using it on my new F Type already and it looking Great.