Car Dusters

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Whilst on the Jaguar Factory tour, I learnt that Jag uses ostrich feathers to keep dust and dirt particles off the body work in paint prep. Apparently ostrich features have a natural ability to attract dust.

Does any one do / believe in this?

I know some of you use the car Duster from covermycar.com

I've been thinking about this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Premium-Quality-Genuine-Ostrich-Feather/dp/B016R27Z84/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1456089882&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=ostrich+feather+duster&psc=1 before applying a quick detailer in between washes..
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.

captainham

Post by captainham »

If that's true, then they need more ostrich feathers...I count at least 4 dust specks under my paint job, mostly on the front of the car (highlighted by my PPF installer who obviously gets up very close and personal to the paint when fitting the film).

I have no idea what's "acceptable" as far as this is concerned, but I didn't think I was unreasonable to expect perfection on a £70k car (but perhaps I am unreasonable, never owned a flashy/expensive car before!).
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

I'd agree with you! But then I've never spent this amount of money on a car either ha

How noticeable are those specks?
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
captainham

Post by captainham »

Well, I spotted one myself within 2 minutes of viewing the car when it is presented to me in the dealership on collection! On top of the front left wing, the showroom lights caught it in my eye. They tried to buff it out but it obviously wasn't going anywhere.

Not sure what would have happened if I'd pushed it, but as it was, I had it booked in for PPF the very next day (and I decided PPF was more important overall as I had a week looming on dusty Cornish A and B roads). The PPF hides it now (mostly...).

There are 2 more around the edge of one of the bonnet vents. I'm sure I found a 4th but forget where now (or I'm possibly thinking of a blemish/mild paint discolouration next to the rear number plate).
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
East winger

Post by East winger »

The use of ostrich feathers is true. It was said on my factory tour too.
Italian Racing Red Coupe S AWD + big smile